URL Error: Unable to Connect to Server

Twisted

I am trying to use XBMB3C for the first time. Here is where I am in the process:

1. I want to use xperience 1080II, so I decided to install Gotham
  2. I installed XBMC 13.2 “Gotham”
  3. I installed the repository file repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2
  4. When I go to the XBMB3C Addons, there is nothing listed?
  5. I can see the addon under XBMC.org Add-ons (version 0.9.7)
  6. I install version 0.9.7 and input my server information
  7. I get an error message "XBMB3C Service is Not Running - Please Restart XBMC"
  8. After I restart, I then get an error "URL error: Unable to Connect to Server"

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it :)

1. I have double checked and all the information I entered for my server is correct
  2. I am currently running the iPhone and iPad app with no issues
  3. I have set-up a static IP address and port forwarding

Angelblue05

I will try to help you :)

I just installed the Stable repo and everything is listed. Just make sure you download this one: http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip

If nothing is listed, try to refresh the repo under Get add-ons via the context menu.

The XBMC.org Add-ons is outdated, you should uninstall it. The first step is to get the repo to work for you. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Angelblue05

Well I reinstalled Gotham and the repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip file, still no luck. I could not find where to refresh the repo. All I could see is the option to change the view and turn on or off auto update. I tried both and sill nothing.

Am I missing something?

Angelblue05

Navigate to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMB3C addons (open the context menu on it - either by pressing C or if you have a mouse, you can right-click it) and then you choose "Force Refresh". It's just really odd that the listing is empty for you. Hopefully force refresh will fix this issue. If it's still empty, can you try the beta repo to see if it does the same thing? http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip   BTW, you can have both repo installed at the same time, there's no need to uninstall stable repo.

54977d2ce1ed7_contextmenu.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

The refresh did not work. I installed http://cdn.mediabrow....kodi-1.0.1.zip and that does work. The only problem is it is for Kodi, so I can't install the plugin. I am not sure why I can see the links in this version and not 1.0.2? I would like to get this to work on Gotham, so I can use the xperience 1080II skin. Any ideas what could be causing one to work and not the other?

Angelblue05

Sorry, I don't have a clue why the beta repo is working and the stable isn't.

I personally use Gotham 13.2 with the beta version of XBMB3C. The add-on is compatible with both versions (XBMC and Kodi). The Kodi/XBMC version only matters for the skin you choose. So go ahead and set up the beta version, it should be version 0.9.739. It should eliminate other issues you were having like unable to connect and such. Restart XBMC after setting up the add-on and then you can install the skin and set it up.  :)

Even though I can see everything in the beta, it does not let me install XBMB3C version 0.9.739. I can download one of the skins and that is it. I thought the beta was only compatible with Kodi and that's why is was not working. I can't figure this out. i am running a fresh install of Windows 7. Has there been any know issues with Windows 7? I do not know what else could be causing these issues?

Angelblue05

I am also using Windows 7...@@xnappo and @@im85288, any insights?

Perhaps we can capture what XBMC is doing when you try to install the version 0.9.739. Enable XBMC debugging under Settings > System > Debugging. Restart XBMC to create a new log. then try to install XBMB3C 0.9.739 again. Once you've done that, can you upload your XBMC log here, maybe it will give us some sort of indication of what's going on when you try to install the add-on.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Oops, I forgot to add this information in my last post, sorry! You can find the log here: C:\users\"Your user"\AppData(make sure hidden files are shown, to see it)\Roaming\XBMC\XBMC.log

Does this help?

23:27:49 T:4516    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogAddonInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window tvchannels
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window radiochannels
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(200).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(200).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(201).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(201).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(202).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(202).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(203).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(203).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(204).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(204).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(205).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(205).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(206).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(206).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(207).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(207).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(208).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(208).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(209).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(209).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(210).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(210).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(211).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(212).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(212).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(213).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(213).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(214).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(214).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Container(215).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo))
23:27:49 T:4516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Container(215).ListItem.Property(Art(clearlogo)

23:27:51 T:4516   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
23:27:51 T:4516   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
23:27:51 T:2420   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/plugin.video.xbmb3c/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.739.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.739.zip
23:27:51 T:2420   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0E475190) http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/plugin.video.xbmb3c/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.739.zip
23:27:51 T:2420   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)

Angelblue05

Yes this helps! wow how weird....I think we will need some assistance. Hopefully @@xnappo or @@im85288 will jump online soon.

@@Twisted

I will keep looking as to what could be causing this error. How's your internet connection to the device? How is it connected? Wireless or wired? Out of curiosity, is there any available updates under Settings > addons?

XBMB3C - setup without the repo
Anyway, for now you can download the add-on here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi/archive/master.zip
You will copy the content of the zip to C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Create a folder named plugin.video.xbmb3c\Content of the zip
Start XBMC, the add-on should be installed. So check under Enabled > Video add-ons 
At least you'll be able to get XBMB3C working for now. You'll be able to set it up, while we figure this problem out.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Is it? Because I'm talking about the last line - the repo doesn't work for him. Isn't the last few lines related to him trying to install xbmb3c 0.9.739 and giving an error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

Sorry - you are right of course.  I was looking at the other errors.  Looks like the zip file is corrupted somehow. I will try myself in a few minutes. 

Even with the manual install, I still get the same error...URL error: Unable to Connect to Server.

My server is running. I did notice the Remote access link in my server is timing out. I do not know if that is normal or not. I have never tried to click it before. I can still access my content via the iPhone app.

Angelblue05

@@Twisted

I should have mentioned - You can turn off the XBMC debugging. It was only needed in the case to see what was happening when you were trying to install from the repo. The beta repo should be fixed now and xnappo is still working to try and fix the stable repo. Apparently, they got corrupted.

Can you try to force refresh the Kodi Mediabrowser repo to see if you get the new version of XBMB3C 0.9.740?

Once we get the repo working for you, we can focus on the unable to connect issue you are having. I have a feeling it might be some problem with the communication from MBS.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05

I completed the force refresh and it does show XBMB3C 0.9.740 as already installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again, just to make sure. I still get the same error message "URL error: Unable to Connect to Server".

I think you are right about multiple issues going on. It seems odd I can stream to my devices, but when i click on the remote access link in the server, it does not work. Do you know if this is this is a bug with Version 3.0.5464.40000? I would like to figure this out before the stable repo is ready, so I can use the xperience 1080II skin. :)

• Like 1

There's no bug. Clicking on the remote access link from inside your home network could fail for any number of reasons we can't control, such as:

- loopback not being enabled in your router (many disable this by default)

- port forwarding not being setup from router to server

Those are the two most common ones. The best thing to do is test with a smartphone. Turn wifi off so that you're on your mobile connection. Then try the remote access url in the browser. If it succeeds, then the previous failure was due to loopback. If it fails, then it's probably port forwarding. (and could be both).

• Like 1

Angelblue05

First of, is your MediaBrowser server on the same machine as your XBMC? Are you using your local ip to access the server, for example mine is 192.168.0.190

We just need to have a better idea of your setup, so we can figure out what could cause the problem.

This will be useful for you to know: to troubleshoot XBMB3C, you can navigate to the add-on and under the advanced tab you can enable debug log and set it to info(1). The XBMB3C debug info will be found within the XBMC.log file.

• Like 1

My router is controlled by my cable company, so I have to contact them to have any adjustments made. So far, I have set up the following:

1. Created a static IP address
  2. Opened a local port on my router 192.168.x.xxx and set up port forwarding for MediaBrowser (port 8096 & 8945)

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1563-port-forwarding-a-guide/

1. Created a UNC folder share (My media is on full drives, so I shared the main drive, versus a folder)

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

Today my PC is used as my MediaBrowser server and streaming client. Once I build my FreeANS, I will be moving over the server only.

Edited by Twisted

Angelblue05

Ok, this is just to make sure of the information you put in your addon settings, because I believe in your log I saw you put 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Can you change your server IP within the addon settings to the actual 192.168.x.xxx?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1