Media Portal Live TV Plugin V1.0

Chubby Arse

pünktchen

So just to be clear. Does this plugin support live or not?

If you mean the MediaPortal plugin, then of course, yes. But how you have recognized, you cannot use it in MBC. There is nothing the plugin developer can do about this. You have to ask the developers of MBC in their forum section if they will implement support of tv plugins!

gonzo90017

I'm actually using the Web Browser to access MediaBrowser. I can stream recordings fine. But when I try to stream Live TV, nothing happens.

pünktchen

Have you any chance to test streaming with the Android app "aMPdroid" so we know if it is a problem with your MPExtended installation or MediaBrowser? Maybe you can upload the logs of MPExtended and MediaBrowser?

Edited by pünktchen

gonzo90017

I have been running both Ampdroid and WebMediaportal for a few years. They both work great for Recordings and Live TV.

Edit: I updated to 1.11 version of MediaPortal since 1.10 was giving me issues. Don't know if that is the reason the plugin isn't detecting my tuners. The plugin was detecting them fine using 1.10

54ee7c078ce16_api.png

MediaBrowser Log.zip

MPExtended Log.zip

Edited by gonzo90017

gonzo90017

I was finally able to get all my tuners to show up. I downgraded my MediaPortal version back to 1.9 since the newer versions were giving other issues.

But after doing a bit of research. It seems like the issue is MediaBrowser

jds828

Hi,

Need a bit of help if you can.

I had to do a full reinstall so while I was at it I bought a new TV tuner. I had the DVB Sky 952 v1 in before and I bought the 952 v3. I've installed all my usual software with mediaportal running the tuner and web mediaportal up and running fine. Kodi works, ampdroid works, Web mediadiportal works and EVE or whatever they call it this week... also works.

I've set up the plugin, added user/pass. It sees the tuners and gets the EPG. When I click on the watch button it has a blue highlight and nothing happens. I read somewhere that Win 8 doesn't like loopback so I've tried the static IP of the PC, opened the ports (I think I got them all) it just refuses to stream the TV. I've tried it on a few TV groups and created a test group with a few channels but with no luck.

Any ideas what I might have missed?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
eddiepropane

Hi,

First of all thanks again for the plugin (the 23rd December review is mine), it makes EmBy complete for me.

I was wondering if you will be updating the plugin to support the recent changes to make it compatible again?

Thanks again, Bob.

• 2 weeks later...
jkuch77

Hi,

I'm having an issue and not sure if it is the plugin or MPExtended that is doing it.  It seems that you can only have one stream going at a time.  For example, I play livetv or recording on my Roku and then do the same on another Roku, it stops the stream to the first Roku and plays on the second Roku.  I looked at the log in MPExtended and it is calling a stop stream for the first stream and I'm not sure if it is the plugin telling it to stop the first stream or if MPExtended just doesn't support more than one stream at a time.  Otherwise this is an excellent plugin and works great!  But it is no good to me if I can't stream TV to multiple devices at the same time.  Please help.

jkuch77

I did some more testing on this and found that the issue may be with MPExtended not allowing multiple streams to a single IP.  If I setup a second Emby server on a another computer, MPExtended allows both streams to each Emby server IP at the same time.  So, the only way I would be able to get this to work would be to setup multiple VM's on my sever with Emby server installed on each VM.  In my situation I would have to run 7 VM's on my server to be able to stream to 7 different devices at the same time.  There has to be another way around this.  @@Chubby Arse:  Is there a way to pass the IP of the client aka Roku to the MPExtended service instead of the Emby server IP for each device that wants to stream Live TV or a recording?

• 2 months later...
benjamoomin

I did some more testing on this and found that the issue may be with MPExtended not allowing multiple streams to a single IP. If I setup a second Emby server on a another computer, MPExtended allows both streams to each Emby server IP at the same time. So, the only way I would be able to get this to work would be to setup multiple VM's on my sever with Emby server installed on each VM. In my situation I would have to run 7 VM's on my server to be able to stream to 7 different devices at the same time. There has to be another way around this. @@Chubby Arse: Is there a way to pass the IP of the client aka Roku to the MPExtended service instead of the Emby server IP for each device that wants to stream Live TV or a recording?

@@jkuch77 did you find a solution? I'm looking to replace the use of mediaportal front ends and just starting to play about with emby. I'm impressed so far, especially like the epg on the Android tv app (compared to ampdroid) but the restriction of only having 1 client connecting to the MP tv server is a big issue.

Is there any way to get round it? If we definitely need the functionality of mpextended, can just the TV part be replicated into this plugin? (no idea how difficult that would be!)