Media Portal Live TV Plugin V1.0

Chubby Arse

Chubby Arse

If you are using Media Portal and want to link it into MB3, I've added a plugin to catalog in the LiveTV section.

See here for prerequisites and installation instructions.

Please post issues here, alternatively post to this topic and I'll intermittently pick them up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for an amazing plugin :)

But I have a few issues/limitations/problems - I'm not sure if they are with the MB client, this plugin or me! :(

I can not find the EPG that shows all the channels in the Theatre client. I have the EPG in the Webclient, just not the Theatre client?

I can not watch live TV on my Android (lollipop) device, the circle/buffer icon appears and rotates for a few seconds and then the screen returns back to the previous screen (playing movies/series works fine)

On the webclient, when I have the EPG on the screen, there appears to be two scroll boxes, one for the channel names/logos, and one for the actual EPG data. The bottom vertical position of these two boxes are not the same (off by a few pixels), so it looks messy (see attached image).

The EPG does not always populate ok, it can miss some programs (see attached image). I have included an image of MPExtended showing it has the data in it's EPG

The Webclient EPG datagrid does not always draw the separation lines between the programs (see attached image).

Many thanks,

J.

post-756-0-97141400-1420105543_thumb.jpg

post-756-0-73586700-1420105544_thumb.jpg

post-756-0-71789200-1420105545_thumb.jpg

pünktchen

Can't say anything about Theatre...

For Android playback try it with and without "HLS", it changes with every app update!

Finally the WebEPG has the same problems with every existing tv plugin, so there's nothing ChubbyArse can do.

Edited by pünktchen

jds828

Nice plugin and easy to install and setup.

I'm a long time user of the web side of mediaportal so it was a nice surprise that so little needed doing.

I'm sure it's been asked but here goes anyway.. Is there a reason that only one channel group can be selected? I just use the All Channels group which can take a bit of wading through at times. I know I could create a group but I use a custom plugin on mediaportal that rescans/recreates the groups every 6 hours, as such it would wipe my newly created one. I have a spare Black Gold DVB-S2 card so I might just rebuild another server using that and not use the mediaportal plugin.

Really appreciate your hard work on a nice looking, very functional plugin. 

Chubby Arse

Nice plugin and easy to install and setup.

I'm a long time user of the web side of mediaportal so it was a nice surprise that so little needed doing.

I'm sure it's been asked but here goes anyway.. Is there a reason that only one channel group can be selected? I just use the All Channels group which can take a bit of wading through at times. I know I could create a group but I use a custom plugin on mediaportal that rescans/recreates the groups every 6 hours, as such it would wipe my newly created one. I have a spare Black Gold DVB-S2 card so I might just rebuild another server using that and not use the mediaportal plugin.

Really appreciate your hard work on a nice looking, very functional plugin. 

Hi, the reason a specific channel group is required, is that MPExtended doesn't honour the ordering of channels when you request "All Channels", only by requesting a specific channel group can you get the correct ordering of channels.

Not sure what I can suggest to help. Post back if you manage to workaround.

Chubby Arse

Hi there,

Thanks for an amazing plugin :)

But I have a few issues/limitations/problems - I'm not sure if they are with the MB client, this plugin or me! :(

I can not find the EPG that shows all the channels in the Theatre client. I have the EPG in the Webclient, just not the Theatre client?

I can not watch live TV on my Android (lollipop) device, the circle/buffer icon appears and rotates for a few seconds and then the screen returns back to the previous screen (playing movies/series works fine)

On the webclient, when I have the EPG on the screen, there appears to be two scroll boxes, one for the channel names/logos, and one for the actual EPG data. The bottom vertical position of these two boxes are not the same (off by a few pixels), so it looks messy (see attached image).

The EPG does not always populate ok, it can miss some programs (see attached image). I have included an image of MPExtended showing it has the data in it's EPG

The Webclient EPG datagrid does not always draw the separation lines between the programs (see attached image).

Many thanks,

J.

Have you tried the suggestion from @@pünktchen to try with or without "HLS" as this isn't "officially" supported by MPExtended. I stream using the "Direct" profile and it works fine. In fact it is recommended that you stream direct and let MB3 handle the transcoding.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks for this Plugin, that supports the best pvr backend for Windows!

One little feature request for the next release: Is it possible to implement a WOL option, that wakes my TV-Server when I enter the LiveTV-Section in MB-Server?

• Like 1

MikePlanet

Is it possible to implement a WOL option, that wakes my TV-Server when I enter the LiveTV-Section in MB-Server?

+1 :-)

Sorry, maybe I wan't clear what I meant.

Would it be possible in any way to have it so I can select the channel group at the web/device end instead of at the server end?

I have the plugin working fine and this would just be a bit of icing on the cake.

Thanks

• Like 1

Chubby Arse

Sorry, maybe I wan't clear what I meant.

Would it be possible in any way to have it so I can select the channel group at the web/device end instead of at the server end?

I have the plugin working fine and this would just be a bit of icing on the cake.

Thanks

That is unlikely as the MB3 clients don't support that at the moment as not all PVR will support the notion of channel groups.

I think the most likely way that you would get this behaviour would be if MB3 took the route of allowing you configure channel groups and channel ordering etc. That's in the hands of the core team.

parker.t8

is there a plugin that can be used on my iMac (Apple)?  :rolleyes:

or is there a way that I don't know about to watch live tv via Media Browser?

Chubby Arse

is there a plugin that can be used on my iMac (Apple)? :rolleyes:

or is there a way that I don't know about to watch live tv via Media Browser?

This is a Media Portal sub-forum and as far as I know it is not supported on any Mac platforms?

Perhaps if you explain your setup in a bit more detail, someone could offer a better answer.

Great work, I have been waiting for this due the lack of development with the old MediaPortal web interface.

A few things I would like to see are

• Ability to switch between channel groups on the webpage
  • Channels sorted according to channel number on guide (on all channels they are mixed up)
  • Scheduled to show series scheduled recordings, it seems to show some but not all
  • Everything in the guide shows a new
  • Recordings to be highlighted in the guide

But from nothing to this is really great work and appreciated :)  

snazy2000

Would it be possible to do away with the use of MPExtended and just tap in to the Kodi plugin maybe? MPExtended isnt supported anymore and i went to try and edit the config today and just getting errors now, seems to still be running but cant config it anymore.

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/tvserverxbmc.html

Edited by snazy2000

• 3 weeks later...
Chubby Arse

Great work, I have been waiting for this due the lack of development with the old MediaPortal web interface.

A few things I would like to see are

• Ability to switch between channel groups on the webpage
  • Channels sorted according to channel number on guide (on all channels they are mixed up)
  • Scheduled to show series scheduled recordings, it seems to show some but not all
  • Everything in the guide shows a new
  • Recordings to be highlighted in the guide

But from nothing to this is really great work and appreciated :)  

Hi, apologies for the delay in picking this up.

• Switching Channel Groups - MB3 doesn't support groups of channels (currently), you have one set of channels and that's it. This plugin feeds MB3, so is limited to the features that MB3 offers. 
  • Channel Sorting - I will look at adding a setting, so you can pick the channel sorting - Default (as they are sorted in MP) / Channel Number / Channel Name
  • Scheduled Series - I'll have a look at this
  • Everything is New - I'll have a look at this 
  • Recordings to be Hightlighed - This needs to be implemented by the MB3 web client / MBT. Please raise it in the main LiveTV Forum.

Chubby Arse

Would it be possible to do away with the use of MPExtended and just tap in to the Kodi plugin maybe? MPExtended isnt supported anymore and i went to try and edit the config today and just getting errors now, seems to still be running but cant config it anymore.

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/tvserverxbmc.html

Thanks for the suggestion - I may have considered this if I'd known about it at the beginning. If enough people use the plugin and are having difficulty with MPExtended, then I would consider a option to switch between the two. However, it wouldn't be trivial to implement this, so I'll sit back and wait for the overwhelming demand. ;-)

Out of interest, which did you have installed and have you tried 0.6 or reinstalling?

The plugin seems to be limited to the web client, are there any plans (assuming it is possible in the first place to make this available in Media Browser Classic?

pünktchen

The plugin seems to be limited to the web client, are there any plans (assuming it is possible in the first place to make this available in Media Browser Classic?

Why would someone want to use MediaPortals' TVServer in WMC?

Chubby Arse

Why would someone want to use MediaPortals' TVServer in WMC?

It's possible that they are using WMC as their living room UI, yet utilise MP for recording. I use MP for recording as I get it in .ts format and not the encrypted windows media file format which makes it directly stream-able to my smart TVs.

To anwser the original question - you would need to ask in the main LiveTV forum what the roadmap is for LiveTV support in MBT etc.

MP has significantly better recording facilities than WMC, I run with 3 Freeview tuners including 1 that is HD on a server with MP and MB3 installed and often have 6 programmes recording simultaneously, it's out of the way and I can do everything I need to do on it remotely.

I watch content on a separate HTPC in my living room with W7, MC and MBC, this system has been in place since late 2007 (if I remember correctly) when all we had was MediaBrowser.

I can stream TV from MP server to any PC in the house, allowing us to watch different channels if we wish, but I have to use the MP front end, which I don't like and doesn't without considerable effort and duplication allow access to any of my stored content.

Frankly MC gets in the way but I need it for MBC, I may look at MBT in the future, but even then I would still want live TV in it.

Edited by PoBear