any way to delete all collections

dirkdigs

pwhodges

That's not where it is.  You click the pale gray dot top left of the poster when you hover over it, and do this for as many items as you wish (coming soon with shift-click for a range).  A top banner then appears with a three-dot menu of the things you can do.

Paul

15 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

Did you even read my earlier post?.....there is NO MULTI SELECT on my server, I have tried but it is not available in the 3 dot menu.

All servers have it. You activate multi select by chicking the round checkbox in the upper left corner of a poster.

If you're on Firefox 102 then update to 103 because it has a defect causing the checkbox to not show.

Happy2Play

In beta with shift select in muliti- select I have a to title of two clicks to select 94 items.

image.thumb.png.2f8818a18a5cc70584868ff2e985f71a.png

But once you have deleted all Collections, Emby will still not automatically delete the Collection Library.  As there is a multi-step hack to allow you to delete the Virtual Collections library assuming no Collections exist, or it will just recreate itself.

Ronstang

There is no multi-select on my server,  I don't know what you mean by shift select because holding the shift key while selecting makes no difference either. I have selected the round checkbox in the upper left corner many time and at no time has multi-select every been available to me. 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

There is no multi-select on my server,  I don't know what you mean by shift select because holding the shift key while selecting makes no difference either. I have selected the round checkbox in the upper left corner many time and at no time has multi-select every been available to me. 

What do you mean there is no multi-select as every server has it along with almost every client (except like a Roku and not sure on Samsung/LG TV clients)?

But 4.7.6.0 brings shift multi-select to select multiple items ie click on one item to activate multi-select then click shift and the last item to select everything in between.

1 hour ago, Ronstang said:

What happens when you select the round checkbox in the upper left corner?

(It's a softball question). You get a bar at the top indicating 1 item selected, and then you can go and click more of the checkboxes in the upper left corner and the top bar will update to indicate how many are selected.

Does that help explain multi-select?

• Like 1

Ronstang
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

click on one item to activate multi-select then click shift and the last item to select everything in between

OK...there it is....that is what I was looking for as everyone keeps telling me I have it but not actually how to implement it.  Thank you

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
LLMedia

My movie collections keep coming back after a day or two. I have my settings within my Movies library and Collections set as they should be. I have the "Import collection information from metadata downloads" disabled/unchecked. It would seem me if this is was unchecked, Emby wouldn't create any new collections. But it option doesn't seem to have any effect in stopping the creation of new collections. Using EMM I completed removing the <set> tags from all of my Movie NFO files. This morning I wake up and Emby had started recreating the Movie collections. I want to be able to control what collections are available. I've attached my "edit" screens. This is extremely frustrating. Is the collections "feature" broken

emby-movie.png

emby-collections.png

Happy2Play

@LLMedia Would need to see the nfo for a item that is a collection that is made that you do now want.  Item can only make a collection it it contains the <set> node.

LLMedia
31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@LLMedia Would need to see the nfo for a item that is a collection that is made that you do now want.  Item can only make a collection it it contains the <set> node.

The <set> tags where removed yesterday, now they've re-appeared overnight for a few new collections. If I have all the collection settings in Emby disabled, and I had all the collections deleted in Emby. How/why are they getting recreated in Emby?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, LLMedia said:

The <set> tags where removed yesterday, now they've re-appeared overnight for a few new collections. If I have all the collection settings in Emby disabled, and I had all the collections deleted in Emby. How/why are they getting recreated in Emby?

I haven't tested but Emby could just be repopulating database info back to nfo files as they were never removed in Emby (just a guess).  So just because you remove in third party software does not mean they are removed in Emby.

Can you list the entire process taken to remove these collections? 

But ideally you would multi-select all Collections in Emby and Delete. (click multi-select on one item and shift click last item assuming on 4.7.6.0+)

LLMedia
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you list the entire process taken to remove these collections?

The <set> tags were removed/cleaned from the movie.nfo files using Ember Media Manager. It has a feature/option to remove the collections details from NFO's when saving. Then I selected/tagged each movie collection within Emby and deleted. This was before I realized if I deleted the collections within Emby. Emby would update the NFO files, removing the tags.

Happy2Play

@LLMedia Emby can only write <set> when the media library has it enabled, or a Collection is manually made.  If Emby is rewriting this node there is a setting there is a setting still on.  But when it comes to third party editing it can be difficult to say.  But can say I cannot get a Collection to recreate itself on items with setting disabled and Collection deleted in Emby.

Can you post a nfo for a item in collection that is recreated.

LLMedia
On 8/15/2022 at 3:22 PM, Happy2Play said:

Can you post a nfo for a item in collection that is recreated.

There isn't any reason to post the NFO files. I can confirm each movie that ends up in a Emby collection has the <set> tag within them. I've misinterpreted the setting "Import collection information from metadata downloaders". This has nothing to do with the NFO files, only the "downloaders" used. Is there any to NOT import collections from the NFO files?

I think I "might" have figured out where/how the collection <set> were getting added. I'm running a Plex server in parallel with Emby as I evaluate the possible transition away from Plex. Plex alone doesn't read/write NFO files. I had the plugin "XBMCnfoMoviesImporter" installed and enabled. If I manually created a collection in Plex, it now looks like this plugin was modifying the NFO files with the <set> tags. With this plugin now uninstalled, it doesn't look like the <set> tags are not getting added.

• 2 weeks later...
LLMedia

After several days of testing different scenarios, trying to figure out how/why the deleted collections within Emby keep reappearing after a couple days.

This is what I've discovered.

When the movie collection is deleted from Emby. The collection <set> tag is removed from the movie NFO file.

But when Radarr does a refresh of a movie, as it does periodically, it adds the collection <set> tag back into the movie NFO file. And Emby does the same thing, adding back in the <set> tag when the metadata for a movie is refreshed. So Emby will re-creates the movie collection. That I don't want.

How can I stop Emby from adding the collection <set> tag into the movie NFO file?

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, LLMedia said:

After several days of testing different scenarios, trying to figure out how/why the deleted collections within Emby keep reappearing after a couple days.

This is what I've discovered.

When the movie collection is deleted from Emby. The collection <set> tag is removed from the movie NFO file.

But when Radarr does a refresh of a movie, as it does periodically, it adds the collection <set> tag back into the movie NFO file. And Emby does the same thing, adding back in the <set> tag when the metadata for a movie is refreshed. So Emby will re-creates the movie collection. That I don't want.

How can I stop Emby from adding the collection <set> tag into the movie NFO file?

Stop allowing Radarr to create/edit your metadata as Emby is not doing this per what you just said.  The <set> node creates Collections whether from Provider metadata or Custom collections.

I guess if a new method of say ProviderSet and CustomSet were created to distinguish between the two but <set> is the Kodi standard.

Edited by Happy2Play

LLMedia
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Stop allowing Radarr to create/edit your metadata as Emby is not doing this per what you just said.  The <set> node creates Collections whether from Provider metadata or Custom collections.

This is the test steps I performed to verify Emby WAS adding the collection <set> tag to my movies. From within Emby I noted which movies were in a few collections. I viewed each of those movies NFO files. They all had the collection <set> tags. I then deleted those movie collections from Emby. Again looking at the NFO files, the <set> had been removed. I then from within Emby selected those same movies, did a Metadata Refresh. Once again view the NFO files, the collection <set> tags had once again been added back into the file.

Emby does add the collection tags to the movies NFO files.

Currently there is no way to disable Radarr from adding the collection <set> tags in the movie NFO file. Every time the movie is refreshed in Radarr the NFO file is recreated with <set> tag.

I need to keep using Radarr in my setup. And I really want to use Emby, but since there's no method to disable it from auto creating Collections from the NFO's, it just isn't going to work for me.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, LLMedia said:

I then from within Emby selected those same movies, did a Metadata Refresh. Once again view the NFO files, the collection <set> tags had once again been added back into the file.

Yes Refreshing metadata will add anything from all available providers that is missing.  So your only current option in Locking all metadata.  

3 minutes ago, LLMedia said:

Every time the movie is refreshed in Radarr the NFO file is recreated with <set> tag.

But if Radarr is going to recreate the nfo the there is no way to prevent them from being rewritten unless they honor the Locked node.

• 1 month later...
iamthedude
On 7/31/2022 at 5:08 PM, Happy2Play said:

In beta with shift select in muliti- select I have a to title of two clicks to select 94 items.

image.thumb.png.2f8818a18a5cc70584868ff2e985f71a.png

But once you have deleted all Collections, Emby will still not automatically delete the Collection Library.  As there is a multi-step hack to allow you to delete the Virtual Collections library assuming no Collections exist, or it will just recreate itself.

Hey Happy2Play,

that is the exact issue I have. I've deleted all collections with multi-select, but my "Collections" library is still there.

How do I get rid of it? You speak of a "multi-step hack", how is that done exactly? 🙂 @Happy2Play

many thanks

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, iamthedude said:

Hey Happy2Play,

that is the exact issue I have. I've deleted all collections with multi-select, but my "Collections" library is still there.

How do I get rid of it? You speak of a "multi-step hack", how is that done exactly? 🙂 @Happy2Play

many thanks

Assuming the Collection library is empty

You have to shut down Emby, delete the collection options.xml via */root/default/collections, start Emby and you will see Collections library is now Mixed Content and you delete/remove Collections which causes a library scan and new corrected Collection it any Collections still exist.

iamthedude
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Assuming the Collection library is empty

You have to shut down Emby, delete the collection options.xml via */root/default/collections, start Emby and you will see Collections library is now Mixed Content and you delete/remove Collections which causes a library scan and new corrected Collection it any Collections still exist.

thank you!!

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, cayars said:

It's deleting the COLLECTION info from disc but not the actual media files.  This does need different wording. @Luke

I want to get back to what I quoted here. The wording is really terrifying for users, and basically forces them to search the forums to check if the media files will also be deleted. It could also be confusing to users that want the media files to be deleted, for example suppose that some user has a collection called "Already watched", where they collect content that will eventually be deleted. They then delete that collection hoping to get rid of the media too...

Disregarding any translation work, and assuming that it's possible to technically discern deletion of collections from deletion of media files, it should be a pretty simple fix, right?

May I suggest something like this is simply appended to the warning message when only collections have been selected? I think it's neutral enough to be helpful both for those that want the media files to be deleted and those that don't! :)

Note: This will NOT delete any media files.

Hi, yes we need to adjust the message when deleting collections. Right now it's a generic confirmation dialog that is used for any kind of delete. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 2