any way to delete all collections

dirkdigs

MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections.  Delete everything in there. But be aware this will destroy all collections -even ones you may have created manually so you will have to re-create them.  If you only have auto-boxset collections, you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
Brendon
6 hours ago, KerriKEmby said:

I had the same question but that path doesn't exist.

these days it should be AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, Brendon said:

these days it should be AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections

That won't work as all the items have the collection <set> tag so they will just get recreated.  You have to delete each collection via the UI to ensure item nfos are updated.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronstang
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

That won't work as all the items have the collection <set> tag so they will just get recreated.  You have to delete each collection via the UI to ensure item nfos are updated.

So, does that mean I have to go through and manually delete all the crazy stupid collections that Emby has created on it's own that make absolutely no sense at all as to why most of them are there......because most of them contain just one movie or they are completely inaccurate.  I realize I am running the beta server so my experience may be diferent but the auto collections are useless. 

• Like 2

Yes but it's quick work.  I can delete nealy a thousand collections in just a few minutes time.

Use multi-select and then click the 3 dot menu (delete option) to delete in bulk.

clarkss12

I have been following this thread on how to get rid of the "collections" that have only on entry..........  I am not having any luck.

clarkss12
5 hours ago, cayars said:

Yes but it's quick work.  I can delete nealy a thousand collections in just a few minutes time.

Use multi-select and then click the 3 dot menu (delete option) to delete in bulk.

can you give us a detailed instructions on how to do this??  I tried that and nothing changed.  After I tried again, I noticed that iT said it was GOING TO DELETE THE FILES.............

Edited by clarkss12

Select as many collections as you want to delete.  In this example I choose 4.
image.thumb.png.6ab23eead5b3aee0732e4b8d8e802738.png

Use the 3 dot menu top right and select delete which gives you this wrong message. :)image.png.ec0fd53d309356dde72739f1e280f352.png

It's deleting the COLLECTION info from disc but not the actual media files.  This does need different wording. @Luke

Once done the collections are removed and NFO are rewritten with the collection "set" parameter.

clarkss12

Yes, this is a terrifying message.  Not sure I want to do that, but I will trust you....... :)

"

Delete Items

Deleting these items will delete them from both the file system and your media library.

Are you sure you wish to continue?"

Glad it worked for you.  I've tested this quite a few ways before I was sure it didn't delete the media. :)

That message does need changing however.

• 1 year later...
LLMedia

I have quite the extensive library accumulated over the last several years. Looking at replacing Plex, I've recently installed v. 4.7.5.0, working through all the settings and configurations. During initial import of library Emby created a very large "collections" library. I prefer to control this with manual collections moving forward. I've deleted the directories and NFO files from the metadata\collections directory. But the collections still exists. I understand I need to select and delete each individual collection from library web GUI. Short of selecting each movie one at a time, then deleting from the "three dots" in upper corner. Is there a quicker method. The Select the first item and then "Shift-Select" the last item doesn't select all the movies between those to points.

In my case I just want all existing collections gone, so I can start over using manually created collections.

4 hours ago, LLMedia said:

I have quite the extensive library accumulated over the last several years. Looking at replacing Plex, I've recently installed v. 4.7.5.0, working through all the settings and configurations. During initial import of library Emby created a very large "collections" library. I prefer to control this with manual collections moving forward. I've deleted the directories and NFO files from the metadata\collections directory. But the collections still exists. I understand I need to select and delete each individual collection from library web GUI. Short of selecting each movie one at a time, then deleting from the "three dots" in upper corner. Is there a quicker method. The Select the first item and then "Shift-Select" the last item doesn't select all the movies between those to points.

In my case I just want all existing collections gone, so I can start over using manually created collections.

HI, we don't have shift select at this time but it is planned for future updates. Thanks.

LLMedia

I sat down a couple nights ago and selected each collection in the Collection library and deleted. I confirmed that they were removed from the "/metadata/collections/" directory. When I checked again, 1 or 2 days later, All 800+ collections had been recreated. After further investigation and research. I made sure the library options "Metadata Savers" was enabled. and the "Import collection information from metadata downloaders" was disabled.

This time only deleted the first 100 collections. I reviewed a few of the collections I deleted and confirmed the <set> section had been deleted/removed from the movies NFO file. But after about 24 hours, I checked and all of those collections had been recreated.

I don't want to just hide the Collection library from the users. My intent is to create/manage my own collections in the future.

Suggestions?

• Agree 1

Ronstang
39 minutes ago, LLMedia said:

I don't want to just hide the Collection library from the users. My intent is to create/manage my own collections in the future.

Suggestions?

Yes please.....automatic collections are not only stupid but it doesn't actually function correctly It makes collections out of single movies,  WHAT?, or makes collections that are not actually collections....or it misses films that should be in the collections it created.   PLEASE....remove this incredibly stupid feature from emby asit is RUINING the experience.  I want my collections but now I can't even find mine because I have 320 collections of which I have created only a 10 or so. 

This is a completely useless and even worse a poorly implemented feature....that actually isn't a feature but a hindrance.  If I hadn't bought Premiere and was on a monthly sub I would cancel because of this non feature.

Edited by Ronstang
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
40 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

Yes please.....automatic collections are not only stupid but it doesn't actually function correctly It makes collections out of single movies,  WHAT?, or makes collections that are not actually collections....or it misses films that should be in the collections it created.   PLEASE....remove this incredibly stupid feature from emby asit is RUINING the experience.  I want my collections but now I can't even find mine because I have 320 collections of which I have created only a 10 or so. 

This is a completely useless and even worse a poorly implemented feature....that actually isn't a feature but a hindrance.  If I hadn't bought Premiere and was on a monthly sub I would cancel because of this non feature.

Really works with appropriate metadata just fine here.  So if it is not working correctly that means your item metadata is incorrect.

Ronstang
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Really works with appropriate metadata just fine here.  So if it is not working correctly that means your item metadata is incorrect.

You don't seem to understand......I don't care if it works correctly or not and there is nothing wrong with my metadata.  Simply tell me how to turn off automatic collections and if I can't please make it so I can.....I do not want it, it is useless to have 320  collections I don't want.  PERIOD

54 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

You don't seem to understand......I don't care if it works correctly or not and there is nothing wrong with my metadata.  Simply tell me how to turn off automatic collections and if I can't please make it so I can.....I do not want it, it is useless to have 320  collections I don't want.  PERIOD

Hi, it's in the options for each movie or mixed content library that you might have.

Ronstang
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's in the options for each movie or mixed content library that you might have.

Thanks Luke but I have the box for import collection data unchecked on all my libraries but I still have 320 collections I don't want.

Happy2Play

@Ronstang That would mean your metadata has <set> metadata that creates collections.