internal player - dropped frames

MSL_DK
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

If I use the internal player is target rectangle wrong.

Which lead to dropped frames, a lot of them. Why is the target rectangle wrong?

2013-10-28%2014.13.26.jpg

If I use mpc-hc is the target rectangle correct.

2013-10-28%2014.14.08.jpg

Okay :) I can see madVR reports windowed mode, which must be fullscreen windowed mode, probably why fullscreen exclusive mode is not activated ;) In other words, we are never in fullscreen;)

• Solution

I'll look at the target resolution. 

Supporting fullsreen exclusive can happen later. It's not a high priority right now.

• Like 1

using madvr fullscreen exclusive means we can't use our current in-movie menus. they will all have to be re-developed using madvr's api. And we can do that but it's just going to have to wait.

I do not know how high priority madVR has. But I experience frame drops with the internal player, which I do not with MPC-HC. madVR is all about quality, which is essential for me. With MPC-HC / madVR I calibrated my screen using 3DLUT and it running without frame drops, even in windowed mode. But with the internal player and madVR I experience many frame drops, even without 3DLUT.

I am not writing this to complain about, or rush to develop, only to draw attention to the problem of madVR. :)

I created a query in the madVR thread to draw attention to MBT.

I think that issue will go away when we support exclusive mode.  But right now there's quite a long list of things prioritized ahead of that.

I think that issue will go away when we support exclusive mode.  But right now there's quite a long list of things prioritized ahead of that.

Yes, I think so too. I wonder that I have so many frame drops with the internal player versus MPC-HC / LAV / xy-SubFilte / madVR. But I would wait it out. Just wanted to draw attention to it.

i did take care of the sizing issue though.

Yes, it's solved :) Thank you.