CoverArt Changed to Clips after Update

Wilky13

Wilky13

Something strange happened to my library and the only thing I can associate it to is the update to 3.0.5464.40000 because I have not made any other changes to my library or MB3.

I've been using MB3 (MBS and MBC) for quite a while now with no issues.  All of my movies had the movie cover for the 'Primary' image.  However, yesterday I noticed the covers (cover art) for most of my movies was gone!

post-5206-0-20818000-1419024638_thumb.jpg

So I went into the MBS Metadata Manager and sure enough for about 80% of my movies the 'Primary' image has been changed to a clip instead of the cover!

post-5206-0-02295500-1419024647_thumb.jpg

However, when I go in Windows Explorer the correct cover image is in the associated movie folder either as a folder.jpg or folder.png.

I have not made any changes to MBS.  Here is my setup for metadata:

post-5206-0-59336700-1419024651_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-19266100-1419024658_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-69269300-1419024662_thumb.jpg

I saw this similar post, but the OP seems to not had his images working right since he migrated from MB2 to MB3.  Mine had been fine until yesterday. http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15452-clear-down-and-start-again/

Any ideas why MBS changed all my 'Primary' images?

Wilky13

Here is The Matrix.

post-5206-0-55714900-1419039958_thumb.jpg

You can see in my first post that the cover is just a thumbnail of Neo on the phone with a monitor in the background and that is the image in MBS>Images>Primary for The Matrix.  However, there is both a folder and poster jpg still in the folder which is what it used to be.

steve1977

I am experiencing the same issue, but only for some. Movies with an NFO file are fine and show the proper post. However, movies without NFO file do not use the poster in the associated folder. This happens since 3.0.5464.40000 release. Hope it can be fixed soon. Thanks in advance!

Wilky13

I was able to get the covers back by going into the Metadata Manager for the top level folder (in this case 'movies') and selecting 'Advance Refresh' > 'Local Refresh Only'.  This brought back all my covers.

However, when I try to manually change a single movie's cover by selecting the cloud button under the 'Primary' image and selecting download of a different cover.  The new cover downloads, I click back to the metadata tab and hit 'Save', but as soon as a I refresh the library the old 'Primary' image is back?!

Edited by Wilky13

CashMoney

I had old folder.PNG files in some of my movie folders from when I didn't use cover art but did things manually or used stark covers. These became the primary images over folder.jpg a couple of days ago. I didn't think much of it at the time but could it be that MB3 is now looking for PNG over jpg for the primary image? I believe the majority of primary image/poster/folder providers use jpg, not png, but use png for the other art types because of transparency and file size.

I just deleted all my old PNG folder files and folder.jpg became the default once again a couple of days ago.

Wilky13

No, I think it was just a fluke. Because all my folder.jpg/png or poster.jpg/png files are correct. For some weird reason MB disregarded them all of a sudden a few days ago and replaced them with thumbnail clips.

However, doing an 'Advance Refresh' > 'Local Refresh Only' replaced the thumbnails with the poster/folder.pngs in my directories which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFlibbles

Hi Wilky, looking at your files in your folder, you have a mix of old and new files. All of that should not matter too much e.g. mediainfo.data is no longer used but will be ignored.

I have noticed a similar problem on my system with a few movies and I think you'll find that the "folder.xml" file is to blame. For some reason, MBS is adding the folder.xml file into movie folders occaisionally and I am not sure why or when it started happening.