Bluray 3D to MKV 1:1?

DigiTM

Guest HenryWaxmansNostrils

Are you sure that number is not load cycles .i think they.re rated at about 300,000 cycles so you are over half. There has been a lot of discussion in the past about the green drives and the aggressive head parking causing high load cycles and subsequent high failure rates. WD issued some software to disable this function. How old we're your drives

Your right, they were load cycles.  The drives are Sep 2011, so just out of warranty (typical).

Personally I would give it a try under the warranty .your only just out and this is a recognised problem. Good luck.

Your right, they were load cycles.  The drives are Sep 2011, so just out of warranty (typical).

.is that the date of manufacture or the purchase date. Could make a difference as warranty is from purchase date

.is that the date of manufacture or the purchase date. Could make a difference as warranty is from purchase date

Date of manufacture on the drives.  I'll contact the place I bought them on Monday, they should keep records.  Although WD will most likely give me recertified drives back anyway which is nasty.  FlexRaid seems to be working since I installed a new drive, however it appears to be taking forever with 16 hard drives. -_-

And I'll remember to run WDIdle3 to S300 on any future green drives.

Edited by DigiTM

crashkelly

....  FlexRaid seems to be working since I installed a new drive, however it appears to be taking forever with 16 hard drives. -_-

You poor soul .... having to wait though all of those drives ... my heart is breaking for you :D

If you don't take it out of the sealed wrapper you.ll get a better price on eBay . Then put the money towards a WD Red. Glad your array is rebuilding. Loss of data is always the biggest pain

You poor soul .... having to wait though all of those drives ... my heart is breaking for you :D

Yeah too bad there is no emoticon for the smallest violin. lol

crashkelly

Another bonus I am seeing from going from ISO to MKV is that the MKVs are taking less space than the ISO, by like about 10%.

It is a 1:1 conversion so I am not losing quality and I converted all movies on a 3TB drive that had about 1GB of free space and now I have 300GB free

Room for more movies!!!! :P

Cheers

crashkelly

Well my conversion from BD ISO to mkv is now complete and it was well worth it.

Over the course of the conversion I found 5 ISO that were messed up, without going through the process I would have never known until movie night when they didn't work :(

Also, and as an update to the previous post about saving space, I ended up reclaiming almost 800GB of space all which is strictly attributed to the conversion process as I did a straight convert of the contents of the ISO to the MKV file.

All in all I am very happy I did it and thanks to all who made suggestions and provided input.

Cheers

• 1 year later...