PS4 Web Client Playback wont full screen

BAS

Have an external family member trying to use the PS4 web browser which appears to be working pretty well except for one thing. When trying to maximize the video playback it doesn't appear to do anything and leaves the url bar showing in the web browser. Using other video websites on the device such as youtube allows the device to full screen correctly and removes the url bar.

Not sure if there is any developers or other testers out there with a PS4 that could test this as I don't have this device directly in front of me that's about all the feedback I can report.

I haven't tried lately, but I could get into full screen no problem.  But in full screen it was like the picture was shifted down a bit - the bottom part of the picture was cut off and there was black space at the top.  I just chalked it up to an issue with the ps4 browser.

I wonder if they have updated the browser on PS4 since the last time you checked. I'll try to get a version number the next time he connects, I remember it reporting as Safari but can't recall the version number. I believe when he clicks maximize on his the image is all correct, but the url bar remains. It sounds like on yours it was trying to do something different with the image and the blank space at the top would be where the url bar would be.

I wonder if they have updated the browser on PS4 since the last time you checked. I'll try to get a version number the next time he connects, I remember it reporting as Safari but can't recall the version number. I believe when he clicks maximize on his the image is all correct, but the url bar remains. It sounds like on yours it was trying to do something different with the image and the blank space at the top would be where the url bar would be.

Maybe. I do think there was a ps4 system update since I last tried.  I will try again tonight and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Maybe. I do think there was a ps4 system update since I last tried.  I will try again tonight and see what happens. 

I'd appreciate it, I would think if you can maximize in any other web video type situation, web client should be able to do the same. 

I'd appreciate it, I would think if you can maximize in any other web video type situation, web client should be able to do the same. 

Full screen still works for me (are you sure they are hitting the 'square' button)?

But things still don't position quite right.  You can the it is getting cut off at the top and bottom.

post-1393-0-04978400-1418781502_thumb.jpg

post-1393-0-48141400-1418781517_thumb.jpg

So you are hitting square button only to get it to look like the cut off look in your 2nd shot? what happens if you use the maximize arrows down by the time?

yes, just hitting the square button.  The maximize arrows do the exact same thing as square.  The two are pretty much interchangeable.

I guess as long as the movie is 16:9, you won't lose any picture.  Also, while not shown, once the overlay disappears, there is still a grey bar on the top of the screen (full screen or not).  You can see the bottom half of the grey bar underneath the overlay in the full screen picture.

Also, while not shown, once the overlay disappears, there is still a grey bar on the top of the screen (full screen or not).  You can see the bottom half of the grey bar underneath the overlay in the full screen picture

Could you snag a pic of this please and post. Appreciate the help reporting this issue and providing screenshots. What's the PS4 browser report as in your web client active clients?

@@Luke anyone on the development team that could possibly take a look at this when they have time cause other then this problem it sounds like ps4 browser will work nicely. Would any logs from foghat help with this type of issue?

Edited by BAS

the gap is there to resolve an issue on safari for iOS. since this browser is safari based, it's happening here too. i cannot do anything without having a ps4 so it will have to be up to a new contributor to look at.

the gap is there to resolve an issue on safari for iOS. since this browser is safari based, it's happening here too. i cannot do anything without having a ps4 so it will have to be up to a new contributor to look at.

Kinda what I figured. Thanks for the reply, hopefully someone will step up to help.

Looking at my screen shots again, seems in full screen it is also losing a bit off the sides.  Maybe someone Luke will get a ps4 for Christmas.  :)

• Like 1