Question about folder.jpg vs movie.jpg

braddles69
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

braddles69

Hi, The lastest server update (3.0.5462.0) has broken folder.jpg covers for me through my entire library. I am using the server with an HTPC running MBC 3.0.238.0, and since the update last night, my coverart treatment is now using the filename.jpg instead  of the folder.jpg. This is as below screenshots...while not a big issue, I need the filename.jpg for my WDTV Live to display covers, but as you can see the aspect ratio and reflections are interfering with my coverart on my HTPC when using MB3 with ROC theme.

Is there any way to force MBserver to use folder.jpg?

Thanks

548e36ef6be97_bluraycovers.png

548e396c0bfb8_bluray.png

548e3b4113602_300folder.png

• Solution

well the 300.jpg file is more specific than the folder.jpg, that's why it is picked ahead. we'll be adding settings for this soon i imagine

• Like 1

braddles69

Thanks for getting back to me Luke, however, as this is a fundamental change in the way MBS treats our artwork, isn't there anyway to avoid this until there is an option to alter the settings? For instance, I have done a system restore, then jumped in and tried to change my update status to "Official" and not to restart server to apply updates...but it has already downloaded the server update and next time it starts, I have the new covers showing. Are there any other options to stay with the previous server...until I have the choice to use filename.jpg or folder.jpg?

I just don't want to have to choose between artwork for MB or artwork for WDTV Live...when I have it working for both at the moment (well up until last night;))

Edit..Never mind, in the 2-3 restores I did, I somehow managed to beat the auto update console, and have saved my server as "Official" with no restart option.

Artwork is all good and MBS reports it is up to date...safe...but please have the option ready when it does go official.

Thanks Brad

Edited by braddles69

Well it's not a fundamental change unless you're using both images for two different purposes. the vast majority of people are not doing that. i don't want to pull the feature out at this point so we'll just have to think about a temporary workaround.

braddles69

Thanks Luke, I know I may be in the minority using my NAS for HTPC with MB3 and also serving to a WDTV Live, I had to workaround the "movie" xml by using filename.xml which could be read by both (have to edit info in this to have both uppercase -for MB3 and lowercase-for WDTV. That is why I have the 300.jpg (a treatment for WDTV live) and also a folder.jpg with the untreated artwork. At the moment it is okay but I hope there could be a select option for either coverart or the server to be told which one to use.

Thanks for all the great work;)