Trailer being classed as movie

gillmacca

khan, jobber and gillamacca, iv'e put up a dev server build with the changes i  mentioned that i'd make. if you could grab it and validate the fixes that would be helpful. thanks.

Jobber8742

khan, jobber and gillamacca, iv'e put up a dev server build with the changes i  mentioned that i'd make. if you could grab it and validate the fixes that would be helpful. thanks.

Installed. Early reports are that it is grouping items correctly now. Although I changed my MOVIES and TV SHOWS folders to a single media type, I still have a KIDS folder with a mixed type that was messed up. This dev release seems to be correctly identifying movies as movies as of right now. Still have some things to check to be 100% sure everything is correct though.

Hi Luke,

besides the trailer-issue (yes, i have mixed content folders) i also got this after updating to 5462.0:

548e25c469c64_repo_conn_error.jpg

The notification says something about "request terminated - secure SSL/TLS channel cannot be established". For now am gonna go back to 5445.6

Cheers

EDIT: SSL2.0 & 3.0 are disabled on the server - but it worked fine with 5445.6!?

Edited by r4m3u5

You should come back to the beta and grab the dev build if you want your issue to get resolved. The number of users with mixed folders is low. The only way your issues get solved is if they get reported in detail.

lexisdude

I am having somewhat of a similar issue - TV episodes are showing up as Latest Movies.. Same with my documentary files. My documentary files are set up in MB as home videos so that they do not appear in movies; and my TV shows are set up as TV shows. This is a real annoyance because now there does not appear to be a seperating line between them.

I also checked to see if perhaps the xml files had changed, movie.xml in directory or series.xml was missing - nothing has changed, and no files appear to show modification since they were added.

Screenshot ::

post-1973-0-10798900-1418612280_thumb.jpg

post-1973-0-40093800-1418613188_thumb.png

Edited by lexisdude

I am having somewhat of a similar issue - TV episodes are showing up as Latest Movies.. Same with my documentary files. My documentary files are set up in MB as home videos so that they do not appear in movies; and my TV shows are set up as TV shows. This is a real annoyance because now there does not appear to be a seperating line between them.

Can you post screens? thanks.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

hmm. are you on the beta or the new dev build? can you try dev? thanks.

I am on Version 3.0.5462.0

ok, can you do two things. first grab the dev server by setting your update level to Dev in the advanced section, then restart the server and it will update.

then can you also post a screen of your library setup in the dashboard. i want to make sure you've set that tv folder up as tv. double check you haven't added the tv location twice, once as tv and once as movies.

lexisdude

Ok I updated to dev build. and looked at the settings for my TV show directory in config.. It is now set to mixed movies & tv... Very strange - because it was not touched and I know for sure it was set to TV shows originally.

I am removing and rebuilding it again to proper type - :P

post-1973-0-50293800-1418614279_thumb.png

excellent. that should fix it. maybe you used the backup plugin? i know it used to have an issue where it wasn't preserving the folder type. but i'm pretty sure that has been fixed.

lexisdude

excellent. that should fix it. maybe you used the backup plugin? i know it used to have an issue where it wasn't preserving the folder type. but i'm pretty sure that has been fixed.

Well it is active in my plugins but this is something that changed between updates. It's truly strange; but I can accept strange as long as it's not too strange :D

so you haven't actually restored from a backup created by the plugin? well if not, i guess we will have to keep an eye out and see if this happens again. i'm glad you're back up and running.

by the way- change your update level back to beta because you're probably not going to want to be subjected to daily server updates.

lexisdude

Nope , just allowed the updates to come through. I did notice that with this last build (not the dev build, the beta) there were a bunch of plugins that also were updated ; is it possible that one of those threw my system off?

Edited by lexisdude

no it's normal. once you got the new server there were several plugins that required updates for compatibility reasons. that's all those were.

You should come back to the beta and grab the dev build if you want your issue to get resolved. The number of users with mixed folders is low. The only way your issues get solved is if they get reported in detail.

On the dev build now - the trailer problem is gone but i still get the SSL/repo error:

548e5896b1f3e_repo_conn_error1.jpg

548e58c0763e9_repo_conn_error2.jpg

Could this be a certificate issue?

Cheers

EDIT: I have to say: it was fast before but now browsing is lightning fast!!

Edited by r4m3u5

lexisdude

no it's normal. once you got the new server there were several plugins that required updates for compatibility reasons. that's all those were.

Excellent - thank you for your help in this

Here's the part of the log when the update check fails:

2014-12-15 04:56:00.7839 Error - App: Error getting response from https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json
	Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden..
	System.Net.WebException
	   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   bei System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2014-12-15 04:56:00.7839 Error - App: Error
	Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden..
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
	--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo>d__9.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<GetAvailablePluginUpdates>d__39.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.<Execute>d__e.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<>c__DisplayClassf.<<ExecuteTask>b__e>d__11.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<Execute>d__6.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   bei System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Edited by r4m3u5

O.k. ... 2 problems:

(1) i had to add "https://*.mb3admin.com" to the trusted sites in IE - now the .json file is downloadable

(2) the name on the cert that's being used does not match the name "mb3admin.com" which seems to break the connection

Cheers

Edited by r4m3u5

O.k. ... 2 problems:

(1) i had to add "https://*.mb3admin.com" to the trusted sites in IE - now the .json file is downloadable

(2) the name on the cert that's being used does not match the name "mb3admin.com" which seems to break the connection

Cheers

Do you have your security setting in IE set to High or the default Medium-High?

The certificate is one that is issued to our CDN provider, which is why the "issued to" domain is different. We may be able to change that shortly.

Do you have your security setting in IE set to High or the default Medium-High?

It's on default for a 2k12 R2 Server (medium-high, enhanced security) plus SSL2 & 3 disabled.

When upgrading from MB2 just when MB3 came out i had to add "http://*.mb3admin.com" to get the update checks/installs working. So no surprises here.

As long as the cert issue is not fixed is it possible to somehow switch back to plain http for the update business? Am a little worried about compatibility issues running 5462.1 and not being able to get updates for the plugins and add-ons.

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys!

The new 5463.3 works fast and very well with the mixed folder content and the update-issue also disappeared (i guess it's back to http as the cert is still the same).

Cheers

Edited by r4m3u5

techywarrior

Hm, I just got the 5464.40000 and the trailers plugin updated to 1.0.5457.490 and set the trailer plugin to download trailers into my media folders. After the library scan any movie that it downloaded a new trailer for now has the trailer detected as a movie in the same folder. This in turn breaks a bunch of things.

It may have been a coincidence. The trailer was downloaded a while ago so I don't think it was the update. Maybe some logic changed and it detected it as a movie now but it was ignored before. I am going to try again and see if anything else gets messed up. So for now ignore this.

Edited by techywarrior

I believe it was a bug in the trailers plug-in that downloaded them to the wrong name.  That has been fixed but you'll have to fix the affected ones.