Trailer being classed as movie

gillmacca

gillmacca

I use the trailer plug-in to download trailers for movies I have, and all work except for one movie.

For this one movie (Wolverine), rather than displaying the movie with the link to the trailer, the server is separating, so that under movies, I have one entry for the film and another one for the trailer

Latest Movies: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt3m85a5xlumr14/Screenshot%202014-12-14%2017.03.55.png?dl=0

Movie page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/blhdzen0rp1yf3t/Screenshot%202014-12-14%2017.06.11.png?dl=0

Trailer page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26boe7fluzax296/Screenshot%202014-12-14%2017.06.57.png?dl=0

I can't see why it is separating just this movie & trailer, and not others

the filename isn't right. it should be 

{movie}-trailer.ext

otherwise it has no way to correlate the two of them together.

gillmacca

Thanks for the quick response, I knew it would be something simply..lol.

Strange as I haven't edited the filename myself. It was downloaded by the trailer plug-in

godbodian
Yeah the same thing is happening to me. I have like 23-25 new movie adds that either were or weren't trailers, coming up. The kicker is NONE of them are movies or trailers that have been recently fetched. It's like as soon as I did the updates, it went left.

As you can see from the screenshot. It's not just trailers in my case. The movies are essentially showing in three positions, as they original were when working and these blank icons basically showing the contents of these file folders.

post-300-0-41824500-1418577818_thumb.jpg

Edited by godbodian

Thanks for the quick response, I knew it would be something simply..lol.

Strange as I haven't edited the filename myself. It was downloaded by the trailer plug-in

any idea when it was downloaded? because looking at the code for the plugin, i don't think it does this anymore. 

godbodian

Update: I figured out what it is. Something and by something I mean I have no earthly idea what inside MBS, is randomly renaming my files and file folders, into weird configurations. ie. The Faculty (2001) becomes The Faculty and The.Faculty

godbodian

So if I'm not actively touching my system (physically that is) and MBS is in charge of downloading my local trailers, there's no chance that there may be something else within MBS or MBC?

I'm not trying to be rude or doubtful but I haven't done anything abnormal in anyway, the only thing I did this morning was restart MBS after .5462 was installed and allow an update for MBC. Literally 5 minutes later after a long pause on the MBC extender once MBC was loaded completely these movies were different. My children and I have been watching Christmas movies all morning and these issues weren't present seemingly until those two updates were done.

Edited by godbodian

If you search the forum you will find plenty of examples of people who thought MBS was renaming or deleting their files. And they were very persistent about it. But each time, after finally investigating, they found it was something else on their machine. I'm telling you that there is nothing in MBS that renames or deletes files (aside from delete function). So you can either stay here and tell me i'm wrong or you can try to find the real reason for it.

godbodian

Luke, no one was telling you that YOU were wrong. I was asking you if YOU were absolutely certain. While you did assist in the creation of MB3 (for which I'm grateful), I clearly explained I wasn't trying to be rude or doubtful of you and/or your answer. As you clearly stated based upon prior evidence (with others, as well as me) was unaware of what took place and in MY BEING AWARE of that unawareness, I was looking for clarity as opposed to clarity laced with attitude or snarky responses. I apologize if perhaps my response wasn't worded in a way that made such clear but realistically I APPRECIATE the first part of your answer as always, as for the last sentence you could have kept that to yourself.

Edited by godbodian

Hello

I am having the same problem for The Wolverine and a few other movies but cannot figure out what is wrong.  The trailer and the main movie are being separated as two movies

The two video files are

The Wolverine (2013).mkv

The Wolverine (2013)-trailer.mp4 (downloaded by the trailer plugin)

I have also found that some mulipart movies are also being separated.  However, this is not consistent.  All my multi-part movies are named as 

name (year) partx.ext

Very odd as some of the movies are 3-4 years old and the naming convention has been consistent.

Hello

I am having the same problem for The Wolverine and a few other movies but cannot figure out what is wrong.  The trailer and the main movie are being separated as two movies

The two video files are

The Wolverine (2013).mkv

The Wolverine (2013)-trailer.mp4 (downloaded by the trailer plugin)

I have also found that some mulipart movies are also being separated.  However, this is not consistent.  All my multi-part movies are named as 

name (year) partx.ext

Very odd as some of the movies are 3-4 years old and the naming convention has been consistent.

can you show screenshots of the folders in the file system? also, post your version of the server. thanks.

godbodian

KKhan. What I think is happening is (and this is JUST my opinion) if you have MBS downloading trailers, the trailers that are downloaded may be downloading to a different naming convention. I know in certain instances, like the Mission Impossible movies, I did a custom naming convention so the movies would appear in a certain manner but today all of those files were separated when the trailer was downloaded.

Go through those files copy the name of the file ;folder and make sure the name is the same for each file. ie. Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (2012), Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (2012).mp4 & Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (2012)-trailer.mp4/ext... etc.  That's what helped me.

the trailer downloader plugin does name them correctly, but it's possible that in the past there may have been a bug. that's why i asked him about the timeline. i don't think you'll see it happen with newly downloaded ones.

Luke, Here you go.

Godbodian, thanks yes I am checking the naming.

Multipart movie being split in the library as two.  However, this behaviour does not appear to be consistent

548dd5db51879_FileSystemMultipart.jpg

Example of the Wolverine where the trailer is now recognised as The Wolverine and the main movie is now recognised as Wolverine vs. Sabretooth which I do not actually have in my library.

548dd60340427_FileSystemWolverine.jpg

Khan - in example one, the trailer should be "No (2012)-trailer.mp4"...however, i think your name is ok so i will address it when the beta goes stable. So you can either just wait or change it now.

In example 2, the trailer isn't named right. it should be "Wolverine (2013)-trailer.mp4"

Thanks Luke.  Makes sense.  I will make the changes to maintain Service Levels with my partner.

Great work as always; I continue to pinch myself as a reality check as MB3 is so unbelievably good.

Jobber8742

I'm having this same issue with the latest server update. All trailers were downloaded by the trailer plug-in and I have never changed the names. Media Browser is also now classifying movies with a Specials folder as a TV show. My whole library isn't working correctly as a result of this last update.

I'm having this same issue with the latest server update. All trailers were downloaded by the trailer plug-in and I have never changed the names. Media Browser is also now classifying movies with a Specials folder as a TV show. My whole library isn't working correctly as a result of this last update.

please give specific examples, with the same kind of screenshots supplied above.

Jobber8742

please give specific examples, with the same kind of screenshots supplied above.

Here's a screenshot of my TV folder. As you can see, it thinks Back to the Future is a TV show with 15 epsiodes as well as others. Second photo shows where the trailer is being detected as a separate movie.

548e0749521c8_TVshows.jpg548e0759ba638_trailerissue.png

Edited by Jobber8742

yea this is the difficulty of the mixed movie & tv folder type. it looks like your movies are separated into a movies folder. why not  just set that up as type Movies?

Jobber8742

yea this is the difficulty of the mixed movie & tv folder type. it looks like your movies are separated into a movies folder. why not  just set that up as type Movies?

I could've sworn they were. It's showing a mixed type now for some reason. All I know is they were working fine this morning until this update went through. I'll delete the directories and reload them with the correct type.

Edited by Jobber8742

the reality is, the mixed type is fragile because it's trying to support too many things. ideally we shouldn't have it at all but it is what it is. it will have to be tightened up a little though, such that it may result in loss of features when using the mixed type but at least it won't be so sensitive to change like it is now.