H.265 mediainfo icon for MBC

AdrianW

AdrianW

I've been using the coloured mediainfo icons for years, first with MB2 and now with MBC. I've started re-encoding some stuff with X265, and I noticed that no video format icon was showing - so I've had a go at creating an H.265 one. I used the H.264 as a base and fiddled around a bit until it looked reasonable.

Here's the original H264 and my attempt at an H265 version:

post-64-0-35055200-1418487409_thumb.png post-64-0-60295500-1418487419_thumb.png

The H.265 version just needs to be named codec_hevc.png and placed in your ImagesByName\MediaInfo\All folder.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

SikSlayer

Excellent work! Thanks for putting in the effort!

I know its sounds like a bit of "get an inch, ask for a mile" (because it sorta is), but could you work on a 3D mediainfo icon?

There's more 3D content than HEVC a this early point (soon to change), so it would be very useful.

EDIT: Actually, there Is already a 3D icon, I saw it among my icons when i was copying this image into the proper folder (which, btw, no icon shows up if I don't, so maybe I don't understand what you meant by it being in the MBC core ebr), but it doesn't work.

Edited by SikSlayer

AdrianW

I just added a properly styled version of this to the MBC core.

Looks like you've included it with MBC 242 - but you've named it codec_h265.png which isn't been picked up. I named mine codec_hevc.png which does get picked up.

AdrianW

Actually, there Is already a 3D icon, I saw it among my icons when i was copying this image into the proper folder (which, btw, no icon shows up if I don't, so maybe I don't understand what you meant by it being in the MBC core ebr), but it doesn't work.

Try temporarily renaming your "MediaInfo" folder (in ImagesByName) to something else, if MBC can't find that folder it will default to using it's internal images.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
schmitty

I just added a properly styled version of this to the MBC core.

Hi ebr,

Could you also add 2160p, Dolby Atmos and DTS-X icons to the core too please?