Auto Box Sets Plugin

hoxtonia

hoxtonia

I have 244 movie boxsets created by the auto boxset plugin - great tool and much appreciated. I have a mixture of users and guests using connect to access a range of content. I have a large kids collection of movies that all my kids have grown out of but I still want to be available for my guests who have younger kids....I have set up media folders so that I can exclude these films form my home users libraries but my guests can access. This all works great....

Except for boxsets....

so mediabrowser holds the data for collections within \AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections

it holds data for both manually created collections and boxsets created by the auto box set plugin. Its all or nothing.....

For example I can find no way to exclude the barbie boxset  from my users views whilst having it available for guests. I can see why it has been made a central resource but the inability to exclude boxsets of movies not in a users library access is a little frustrating.

I'm not really sure what the solution is....I wondered if this could be configurable like the trakt plugin on a per user/guest and a per media folder basis. Auto box set would need to only create boxsets of movies that are all within the same mediafolder saved to the same named folder within the collections data folder. 

Or perhaps just someway to hide them?

Or is there a way to achieve what I am after right now? Can I configure this?

Yeah, I feel this is a shortcoming in our current design for box sets.  Right now, they are global across all users.  I don't think the plug-in can really do anything about this.  I believe we would need to re-design how they are handled by the server in order to get them where they obey all the proper rules for library access.

it does support hiding the content within the boxset but not hiding the boxset itself because we don't attach any user-specific into to it. so currently the only way to filter them for users is via parental controls and tags. with the current system we can't hide the boxsets because we don't know who created them. hiding would result in nobody being able to access them.

what i'll do is add a user share list to boxsets just like playlists, and in the web interface you'll be able to pick who to share them with. the plugin will also be able to pass the data in when creating the collection, in the event Ebr wants to start doing that.

• Like 1

DrWatson

so currently the only way to filter them for users is via parental controls and tags

This way i can hide my boxsets from the kids - how would I go about hiding their boxsets from me?

I think hiding the boxset (if the user has no access to the content contained in it would be a better way of doing it. Unless there is a reverse parental control that allows me to hide movies with a rating of less than xyz

it does support hiding the content within the boxset...

It has been widely reported that this does not work.  Has it recently been fixed?

CashMoney

This way i can hide my boxsets from the kids - how would I go about hiding their boxsets from me?

I think hiding the boxset (if the user has no access to the content contained in it would be a better way of doing it. Unless there is a reverse parental control that allows me to hide movies with a rating of less than xyz

Use separate tags. E.g hidekids and hideadults as appropriate/needed, then use parental controls to block on both accounts. The downside is the tags are not automatic so you'll have to go through and do that manually, but for now it works. Or assuming your metadata is correct and all the kids films have a specific tag that the other films don't, e.g children's, you could just block that specific tag on the adult account.

More info here -

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14870-guide-hidingexcluding-media-collections-via-tags/&do=findComment&comment=154978

Edited by CashMoney
  • Like 1

DrWatson

That would be awesome if it worked. It appears that the tags i added to the box sets don't persist. I saved the item then went back to it and the tag is now gone.

Thanks for the suggestion (it may be a bug i guess).

I just tested and it saved fine.

Kill Bill Collection

PremiereDate

test

This is with a collection that was created with the web interface (or autoboxsets). 

DrWatson

I opened the xml in ultraedit and it actually does save the file (as it pops up saying the file has changed ask to reload)

There is no actual change to the file

It may be because there is no <tag> in the original xml?

before and after are identical

<Item>
  <ContentRating>G</ContentRating>
  <Added>20/03/2014 12:00:00 AM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Overview><![CDATA[The Alvin and the Chipmunks collection.]]></Overview>
  <LocalTitle>Alvin and the Chipmunks Collection</LocalTitle>
  <DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>
  <TMDbId>167613</TMDbId>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\COBRA\Movies (Kids)\Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)\Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007).mp4</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\COBRA\Movies (Kids)\Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel (2009)\Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel (2009).mp4</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\COBRA\Movies (Kids)\Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked (2011)\Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked (2011).mp4</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>
</Item>

Happy2Play

I opened the xml in ultraedit and it actually does save the file (as it pops up saying the file has changed ask to reload)

There is no actual change to the file

It may be because there is no <tag> in the original xml?

I had the same issue, but even though the it pops up "Item Saved" if you don't hit that little "+" sign to actually add the "tag" nothing happens.

• Like 1

DrWatson

@@Happy2Play  perfect thank you that worked for me - seems a bit weird that you have to do that but all working as expected now. The problem existed between keyboard and chair.

Cheers