2nd Audio track switching?

acsparky

acsparky

My DVDs rips were done with handbrake to be iOS compatible so the first track is stereo and the second is ac3 passthru. How do I get my Media browser classic to default to the second track?

Also is there a way to make the metadata show the second track info instead of the "2.0"?

acsparky

Sorry for the hasty post.  I found an answer and understand the issue is with default flags.  

I do want to know if anyone has a way to remove or change default audio tags to multiple files at the same time.  I have a ton of movies needing fixing.

Edited by acsparky@gmail.com

I know with mmg (part of mkv toolnix) you can setup a queue of a bunch of files to edit at once but im not sure if you can ask it to batch convert a folder... maybe worth investigation

acsparky

My issue was with disabling wmf for actually getting it to play the right track. As for displaying the right metadata, no matter how I change the track order or audio default flags it breaks the ability to play on iPhone thru the standard video player. I will just wait and hope one day the interface with LAV will recognize the track that it is choosing. At the end of the day it is just an aesthetics thing at this point.

Hi acsparky,

I am using Win 7 WMC and MB Classic.  For codecs I am using Shark007 package with an add on called MCERemote Plus, which allows me to change subtitles and audio tracks just by clicking a button on my MCE Remote (you can choose whatever button you like).

Check it out, this might help.

best of luck.

simpsons11

Hi acsparky,

I am using Win 7 WMC and MB Classic.  For codecs I am using Shark007 package with an add on called MCERemote Plus, which allows me to change subtitles and audio tracks just by clicking a button on my MCE Remote (you can choose whatever button you like).

Check it out, this might help.

best of luck.

Aziz, any idea if this works with harmony remotes? I'm assuming its just a program that runs int he background and you can set bindings ot work? Sorry can't look into it since work has blocked the website. 

Tranquil

Why not using Media Center Control Plugin for this? Its an addon for MCE and is working for me perfectly since years.

acsparky

Can someone point me to where a good guide is for mceremote plus to switch audio tracks. I am not worried about the subtitles but have tried a handful of guides to no avail.

I have a 64 bit w7 system and it seems you need need ffdshow codecs somewhere (according to the screenshot coming in the mceremote zip folder). In tweaker I don't see any ffdshow options.

Two other items, will this work with shark007 and secondly do I need to change paths and try media control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aziz, any idea if this works with harmony remotes? I'm assuming its just a program that runs int he background and you can set bindings ot work? Sorry can't look into it since work has blocked the website. 

sorry I was away ... your assumption is correct.  it is a little program that sits in the background and translate remote buttons into actions handled by lav codecs or ffmpeg codecs..  I choose the record button to change subtitles, as I never use that button while I am watching movies (only used when watching tv...)