Plugins tab not in conifigurator?

wizbowes

wizbowes

Hi,

Paid up member of MB2 just making the move to MB3 today.

I'd like to install some themes, it seems that it should be possible from this post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/733-mb-classic-setup-and-configuration/&do=findComment&comment=22315

However my configurator has no Plugins tab.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Wizbowes

Edited by wizbowes

Good day,

Did you uninstall MB2 first, then installed MB3 server, after that you install MBC? In that order?

My best

wizbowes

Tried to edit previous post but didn't work.

On the serverside I do have the plugins tab - but on a different client I don't,  Are the plugins installed only on the server then?  Here's what I see in my two configurators:

.... Can't seem to post an image to this board.  So here's a URL instead:

http://imgur.com/T3C83Ux

Edited by wizbowes

Well, that's a new one.  

Looks like the server is Windows 8 and the client is Windows 7.  What else is different about them?  Does the client have WMC and .net 3.5sp1 properly installed on it?

wizbowes

Actually both are windows 7 (the difference in window borders is because the server image was captured via RDP which disables aero).

Client has 3, 3.5 sp1, 4 and 4.5 installed.  As for other differences - how long have you got?   Client is on my workhorse laptop (visual studio, Delphi, photoshop etc etc etc), server is reasonably clean HTPC.

I'll reinstall and report back.

BTW - is there a place in the configurator to enter the supporters code to get premium plugins (i.e. Pearl...)

CWNashvegas

BTW - is there a place in the configurator to enter the supporters code to get premium plugins (i.e. Pearl...)

That's all handled by the server in the Help > Supporter Key section. Even though MBC plugins are installed via the Configurator, the server does all the checking and authentication and passes the registration state to the client.

• Like 1