Clear external players

bnwbass
Go to solution Solved by bnwbass,

Since I have migrated over to MB3 server / classic, when I add external players the drop down list still shows my older players from MB2 which was TMT5.

I have since installed TMT6 but it does not show as an external player option (still shows TMT5).  I'm thinking I need to clear out /reset something in the config setup.  Anyone please.

thx

Bw

We never officially added support for tmt6. you might be able to use the tmt5 profile with it. if not, use the generic.

Thx for the response Luke, the reason I moved to TMT6 is because TMT5 remote control for skipping chapters stopped working when I moved to MB3.  I have never had issues with my Logitech remote functions until I went to MB3.  So I thought I would up rev and give it a shot.

TMT5 and 6 both work in the MCE environment so this problem point to MB3 and how external players are treated.  Any thoughts on what to do to resolve remote control functions using MB3?

thx

Bw

Yes I have, I tried all possible combinations of TMT6 exe files with generic and TMT5.  Skip chapters will not function using the remote; however all other commands like FF, stop, play etc.  work normally.

Both my  mapped Logitech and the original MCE remote act the same way so it's not a code issue as these worked flawlessly for the past 3 years running MB2.

The odd thing here is that if I click on the next chapter using the mouse from within MB3 it works.  Your thoughts?

thx

Bw

We don't control those operations.  I don't think it will make any difference how you launch TMT.  It is TMT that needs to respond to the remote.

my thoughts are that no matter what profile you use, and no matter whether you use mb2 or mb3, we have no control over the remote buttons when tmt is active. the only thing the tmt5 profile does is capture playstate when you stop. that's it.

We don't control those operations.  I don't think it will make any difference how you launch TMT.  It is TMT that needs to respond to the remote.

Just to be clear, when I launch TMT5/6 directly or from within MCE all is good; full remote functionality so this rules out any issues with TMT.

So I believe this narrows it down to the MBC interface. Please correct me if there is something I'm missing.

Like I mentioned, TMT5 and MB 2.6.0.0 worked perfectly for over a year. I am just trying to understand how to get this function to work again in MB3. Nothing else on my system has changed. You guys do a great job and I have built a few machines using MB2.

I want to move to MB3 but a little thing like remote functions is important.

When it comes to remote controls what other options do we have in order to play BD files other than power DVD and TMT?

Unless something has changed with the  interface between MBC and MCE why would just chapter skip stop working?

Thx

Bw

We simply launch that program and then step aside.  The only thing I can think of that may be going on here is that maybe TMT doesn't actually have focus.  Try clicking on the video screen while it is playing and then using your remote functions.

Also, what theme are you using?

• Solution

I found the assignable cause for the issue and it's not related to MB interface at all.  I drilled down into the task mgr and found that when I stop the itype.exe and ipoint.exe services the remote now functions properly.

These two files originate from the MS keyboard center that was installed on this machine.  For those of you having issues with remote control using MICR devices first thing to do is remove this program as there is a conflict with the devices.  Thanks for you responses I was hoping this was not a MBC issue and it's not. 

Thx

Bw