MBServer as a Service

lja

The only advantage is if you have a machine that you run headless or that just starts up and never actually logs in as a user.

The only advantage is if you have a machine that you run headless or that just starts up and never actually logs in as a user.

Thanks ebr. Say I am away from home and my server goes down and can be restarted remotely but requires a password. Does this mean that MBserver would run without having to enter the password?

What is the password for?  If it is for logging into your user account, then yes, probably.  But, be aware that we cannot restart the service via the dashboard right now so updates are more manual with the service.

What is the password for?  If it is for logging into your user account, then yes, probably.  But, be aware that we cannot restart the service via the dashboard right now so updates are more manual with the service.

The password is for logging into my user account. I take that in the future it is possible that the service may be restarted via the dashboard.

The password is for logging into my user account. I take that in the future it is possible that the service may be restarted via the dashboard.

Then, yes, it would eliminate that prompt.

As for future re-start capability, I can't say for sure.  It proved to be a tricky problem.

Then, yes, it would eliminate that prompt.

As for future re-start capability, I can't say for sure.  It proved to be a tricky problem.

Thanks ebr