newbie with wmc

sablade
Go to solution Solved by Lee,

sorry if this has been asked before...

Currently I use WMC 7 with two xbox 360 extenders

is mb3 and add on or can it replace wmc?

what extras does it bring to the table other than enhanced listings and multi platform viewing lan and wan?

I would like to replace my wmc but cannot see a better system, I mostly use it for recording UK freeview TV

many thanks

Edited by sablade

• Solution

there is sadly nothing better for recording uk tv . Mediabrowser 3 will just organise your content and make it look pretty *at the moment*

i believe a tv plug in is being developed and i think they are using nextpvr to implement it.

which you will find here

http://www.nextpvr.com/

• Like 1

Pirlo1966

It's a bit like comparing a drawing of a 5 year old with the mona lisa. It's really more than make it look pretty. It's also much more functional.

I only have SD tuners in my main Windows 7 HTPC, and I'm finding I'm using them less and less for TV recording. 

I generally only record things I know are going to be "keepers", and for UK Freeview I now exclusively use an external Freeview HD PVR with custom firmware.  The custom firmware removes the encryption on HD recordings and lets me copy HD recordings to the HTPC, at which point Media Browser takes over....

Edited by keef

One of these (1 TB version).

Custom firmware details here.

(I'm not sure if there is a custom firmware for the latest out-of-the box firmware yet).