Navigation of multi disc content

Krazik

I have all of my content stored as video_ts and have used the recommended naming and file structure suggestions without issue for almost 5 years, and have not had a problem until recently.  Now I've noticed that the playback of multi-part movies and shows requires me to go through the chapter navigation to find what I need.  Previously I was able to select the disc I wanted to play under a movie or tv show folder. While the chapter navigation workaround is not ideal in a 2 disc movie, it really does not scale at all in a 20 disc tv show. Is there a setting I am missing to fix this?  I've search the forums for a solution and the threads I found mentioning multi-disc playback did not have any resolution or recommended fixes.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have all of my content stored as video_ts and have used the recommended naming and file structure suggestions without issue for almost 5 years, and have not had a problem until recently.  Now I've noticed that the playback of multi-part movies and shows requires me to go through the chapter navigation to find what I need.  Previously I was able to select the disc I wanted to play under a movie or tv show folder. While the chapter navigation workaround is not ideal in a 2 disc movie, it really does not scale at all in a 20 disc tv show. Is there a setting I am missing to fix this?  I've search the forums for a solution and the threads I found mentioning multi-disc playback did not have any resolution or recommended fixes.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

can you give us an example of what your folders look like?

To Agilehumour: My file structure is consistent with the recommended structure and worked without issue.  Since I had no issues in the past, I did not consider MKVs. I would prefer not to go that route at this time because of my collection size, but I will look into it if that's my only option.  Thanks for the feedback.

To Luke:  Sure, my files for multi-disc movies and tv shows look similar to the suggested, like this:

/Movies /LOTR (2001)
    /LOTR (2001) [Disc 1] 
       /VIDEO_TS 
   /LOTR (2001) [Disc 2] 
      /VIDEO_TS 

Again my folder structure has been like this for many years and worked without issue until the last update. I do see that the suggested structure no longer includes some text that I include, and looks more like this:

/Movies /Home Alone (1990)
    /Home Alone Disc 1 
       /VIDEO_TS 
   /Home Alone Disc 2 
      /VIDEO_TS 

I did change a few of my multi-discs to mirror that and I'm still having the same problem; I now know changing the names will not fix the problem.

I'm primarily using MB Classic. With the latest server update MB Classic no longer seems to be reading the folder.xml files; it's bypassing that and reading movie.xml and/or mymovies.xml files in the folder containing disc 1. What I see when I navigate to my multi-disc movie is the first disc, with no option to get to the others.  However when I click on the chapter view I see what looks like all the chapters for all the discs.  Previously I was able to select a multi-disc movie, view each disc under the folder, and select the one I'm looking for.  This was much more convenient than using the chapter structure, especially in large multi-disc folders.