ROC 1.0.3.0 now live

leedavies

leedavies

ROC v1.0.3.0 is now live, with the following changes:

• Browsing into recently added/unwatched EHS links now shows backdrops and ClearLOGOs
  • More Thumb and Thumb Strip view improvements - logos, season and episode names now shown where appropriate
  • Even more scroller performance improvements
  • New option to set backdrop gradient overlay opacity from 0-100% (the current level)
  • New option to indent top toolbar to the left just enough to be clear of maximise/minimize window controls
  • Startup "white flash" effect is now a "dark dim" if dark skin active
  • More refinements to dark skin colors, including a white focus frame instead of the old red
  • Some visual alignment improvements on Thumb view to avoid clashes
  • Scrolling item overview panels now show a partial focus frame around them when focused - much easier to navigate movie details page etc now

As always, any questions or issues, please shout.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Great work Lee!

In recently added still missing the clearart but for as far as can see now it's almost complete now.

Few earlier requests that I hope will come in the next releases.

It's getting better and better.

leedavies

Great work Lee!

In recently added still missing the clearart but for as far as can see now it's almost complete now.

Great work Lee!

Good to hear.  I'm really pleased with how ROC is looking and performing now.  Few things to tidy up still, and also bring Crystal up-to-date with the new stuff in ROC.

leedavies

then to create a mbc xbox one theme?? Ahem.. Cough... Cough...

#cheeky

Copying the Xbox One UI in a theme would no doubt need a licencing deal to be struck with Microsoft, otherwise it would be theft of their copyrighted designs and work.  Even if one were to simply claim to have been "inspired" by the Xbox One, it's still theft if the end result is anywhere close to the original.

Lee, great job. I bought Crystal but personally I prefer the ROC look.

I asked several times but not answer if could possible to add for ROC theme the director movie alongside or down of the title movie? Could be useful to know who is the movie's director and find his related movies on my own database. Regards

leedavies

Thanks Teodorin.  Adding director makes a lot of sense - good suggestion.

There are both ROC and Crystal updates coming out very shortly.  A few tidy ups in ROC and all the performance improvements recently in ROC (faster scrolling, option to set scroll speed etc) are all coming to Crystal.  I'll look at getting director name in too.

BTW... the prices for Crystal and ROC are both now just $8 each as a promotion I'm running.  So if you were thinking about buying ROC, now might be a good time to jump in...

Thanks To answer Lee. Then if for next release Director will available, I buy right now the ROC Theme.

(In fact I stopped Crystal and I'm using Pearl theme now only for Director access) Regards

gthrift

Copying the Xbox One UI in a theme would no doubt need a licencing deal to be struck with Microsoft, otherwise it would be theft of their copyrighted designs and work.  Even if one were to simply claim to have been "inspired" by the Xbox One, it's still theft if the end result is anywhere close to the original.

It's not infringement when you are using their posted guidelines for developers.  This is MS's vision for how they think all UI's should be.  Not just windows 8.    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465424.aspx

Track 8 for iPhone

Discoverful for iPhone

Metro UI Pro for Android

Even the Google Play Store has UI elements that share similarities with the Modern UI design philosophy.  

It's all based off a print design philosophy from the 50s.  Flat, square, and laid out in grids.

leedavies

Director display is going into ROC right now.  Release soon!

Thank you for your continued support my friend.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot Lee to manage the director issue.

When the view it's from Coverflow the movie title it's missing but Genre.

Of course there are info from movie looking at folder and disc art (if enable) but there a lot of movies with original folder and for foreign people (as me) sometimes it's a little confusing to know quickly what movie is.

Could possible to add the title movie from view Coverflow?

Thanks again