Major library issues with new update.

nhall

Hi All,

Since the update on 30th November, we are having major issues with the library, for example, in a folder called history, we have several folders, some of the folders had audio pods in and now they dont show up, but the files are there when manually viewing in windows explorer, also some videos when placed into folders makes the folder think its a file, the previous version before this update never did this and worked perfectly, is there a fix or is there a way to revert back to the previous version of Media Browser as this is causing issues and many hours of headaches, being this is a school.

Many thanks

Nathaniel

• Like 1

This is a screenshot before the update

5481b60525dd8_Afterremovingthefiles.jpg

This is a screenshot after the update, you will notice the year 7 folder has now changed to a file name (Changes_bought_to_britain) and does not contain the actual files as before.

5481b7ad3d645_Aftertheupdate.jpg

The folder structure is as follows

5481b7f73d7fc_Foldersetuponmediabrowsers

5481b834e9337_Foldersetuponmediabrowsers

Also audio is now missing from the Audio Pods folder inside History

Everything was working perfectly including all files, folders, audio and video.

Many thanks

Nathaniel

I believe all of this might be related to the recent issue that came up with nonstandard folders?  Any folder that contains folders and a media file in the root shows up empty.  Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

jluce50

I believe all of this might be related to the recent issue that came up with nonstandard folders?  Any folder that contains folders and a media file in the root shows up empty.  Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

I had this same issue with a folder that only contained video files.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It only happens with some folders, but not others for me. I have a folder called "Movie Trailers" and a folder called "Comics", both with loose video files in them that used to be recognized by Media Browser, but now they're not.

jradams76

Still acting like the above screenshots for me.  When I go into the folder it says nothing found.  On the server it shows like the screenshots above it doesn't list the movie files.  I think it only does this for miscellaneous files.  TV shows with Seasons seem to work fine.  Its when I have a mixture of (for example) Christmas cartoons all in a folder labeled Christmas shows nothing shows up.

Still acting like the above screenshots for me.  When I go into the folder it says nothing found.  On the server it shows like the screenshots above it doesn't list the movie files.  I think it only does this for miscellaneous files.  TV shows with Seasons seem to work fine.  Its when I have a mixture of (for example) Christmas cartoons all in a folder labeled Christmas shows nothing shows up.

It is very hard to picture this, sorry. if you could show screenshots of the folder contents plus what you see in the web interface, that would help.we want to solve it for the next release, we just need good information in order to do so.

xzavier.omyda

I have this issue also. I updated to the recent version and it will show the folders of the libraries, but when you go into that folder it says 0 files. Its empty, but in reality isnt. I can go into file explorer and see that the files are clearly there. Please fix!

• Like 1

I have this issue also. I updated to the recent version and it will show the folders of the libraries, but when you go into that folder it says 0 files. Its empty, but in reality isnt. I can go into file explorer and see that the files are clearly there. Please fix!

Did you read the above post right above yours at all?

• Like 1

This is a screenshot of the files in their location, standard mp3 files and on the right is the folder they should appear inside.

5487203572c54_screenshotaudiofiles.jpg

The following screenshot is the folder contents, when i place the file 'Changes bought to Britain part 1 - 3, the folder on mediabrowser changes to a file name and not showing as a folder.

548720d2e4be5_screenshotfolderrenamestof

Before the last update, all of the above worked perfectly, mixed audio and video files, this also happens on several other folders on our server, changing to a file name and not a folder name when video files are placed, as you can also see we encode everything into standard MP4 video format and have re-encoded all of the files that cause this issue.

This is a screenshot of the files in their location, standard mp3 files and on the right is the folder they should appear inside.

5487203572c54_screenshotaudiofiles.jpg

The following screenshot is the folder contents, when i place the file 'Changes bought to Britain part 1 - 3, the folder on mediabrowser changes to a file name and not showing as a folder.

548720d2e4be5_screenshotfolderrenamestof

Before the last update, all of the above worked perfectly, mixed audio and video files, this also happens on several other folders on our server, changing to a file name and not a folder name when video files are placed, as you can also see we encode everything into standard MP4 video format and have re-encoded all of the files that cause this issue.

And is that with the new dev server or the release?

jluce50

FYI, I fixed this by deleting the library in MB and re-adding it. It apparently kept the info in the database because all my watched statuses came back when the items were re-added.

jradams76

I'm using the 3.0.5454.21792 and my shows are still not showing up.  I tried removing the library on the server and then add it and it still doesn't show up.  I attached screenshots of what I see.

post-1112-0-83482000-1418174619_thumb.jpg

post-1112-0-34274100-1418174620_thumb.jpg

jradams76

Ok so I have a Christmas Folder and inside that folder I have several Christmas cartoons for my kids.  Each Christmas cartoon is in a folder of its own.  Within each of these folders is the actual show .mkv file

Christmas Shows > Prep and Landing > Prep and Landing.mkv

> Frosty the Snowman > Frosty the Snowman.mkv

When I browse inside the folders using media browser server or client it shows that there is no movie file when in reality its there.  I have noticed this is only happening for shows that doesn't have a season or episodes.  This Christmas Show folder is a hodge podge of Christmas cartoons put into a folder.  I hope this helps?

• Like 1

Is there a way of getting the previous version of Media Browser for now until the bug is fixed, as this is causing major issues for us, we are running this in a school with 1500 users.

Is there a way of getting the previous version of Media Browser for now until the bug is fixed, as this is causing major issues for us, we are running this in a school with 1500 users.

You didn't answer my previous question - have you tried the dev release?

Hi, can we have a copy of the previous version of Media Browser 3 server (3.0.5424.1) as this worked perfectly for us and still have the same issue that is reported on this post.

jradams76

I have tried the DEV release and I get the same results as seen in my previous post.  Just checking to see if there has been a fix found?  The screenshots that I posted previously show what it happening.  LIke I mentioned earlier I think this is only happening to TV shows that do not have a Season / Episode.  The only shows that are affected on my system are the ones that I have in a Christmas shows folder or Halloween Shows folder.  These folders have miscellaneous shows which I grouped into the folder.  Thanks to the Developers for looking into this issue as I know its very time consuming to debug and reproduce the error and then get a fix. 

To get the DEV release go into the Configuration of the Media Browser Server and change the version from (Stable, Beta, Dev) update method drop down to DEV and then the update button should be active as it will find the the DEV version.  

Just as an FYI:  I've updated to dev Version 3.0.5459.2174 and had to delete the library media folder and re-add it into the server before it would work again.  Just updated to the dev server and attempting to go into the ibrary media folder I would have the same results.  After deleting the library media folder and re-adding it I was able to view all media as before.

Edited by Specter