Web Client Access Options

iam4uk

Is there any way to have web client access to the MB Server library for a user, but NOT allow access to any of the configuration screens for MB Server?

Currently, I can access (or allow others to access) my Media Browser via web at http://[dynamicdnsname]:8096/mediabrowser  -- But anyone who thus accesses that, whether they have any password for any user profile or they do not, can see the configuration screens (including metadata manager).  I'd like to be able to present the library while not presenting the configuration screens.  Is that possible?

Done, of course.  However, a simple click on that user icon in the upper right, and a click on "sign out," and they're presented with a display of all users.  The one that is administrator is used in MB Classic on my primary client machine, and I'd prefer not to have to give a password everytime I access that one.

Is there a way to lock a non-administrator user into their own profile?  It would be a specific URL element, I suppose.

MrWebsmith

i'd suggest that you put a password on your admin account, and then mbc has the ability (through its configurator) to hold and automatically login using that password. so you get improved security that really you need, and still the convenience you don't want to give up.

this is what i do and it works well

• Like 1

Thanks. If I hide that account (thus requiring manual login via web client), can MBC still automatically login to that account?

MrWebsmith

i believe so,yes... not 100% as i dont hide that specific user on my setup (ebr will correct if im wrong)

Thanks. If I hide that account (thus requiring manual login via web client), can MBC still automatically login to that account?

Yes.