Parser fails and related questions

Schroinx

Schroinx

I have just updated the metadata for a lot of my collection, as much is now on imdb that was not before. I have had good luck finding the shows/concerts on imdb with a tt id. But even if I enter it in "identify" it might fail, and also if I add manualy it under "ext ids" it does not always work, not even with "advanced refresh".

The concert Legends of Jazz Showcase is a good example.Imdb entry here, but it fails to collect the info:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3588794/

Sometimes it is not possible to enter an external id, as the box are not there

Secondly I was wondering if MB3 occationally check if missing inf and img has become avalible, and also update ratings etc regularly? And also if missing ids for imdb etc?

It seems as many data on concerts, tvshows and documentaries has become avalible in imdb, that was not before.

Is possible to update one category, say genres for all movies from imdb/other data provider?

Is it possible to select a number of movies and enter say a genre for all of them?

A lot of my movies does not have images of actors, but I can see they start showing for the ones I add now. Does MB3 check for the missing images by itself?

I have used MCM a bit before, and it had some nifty features to highlight movies etc with missing ids/images/info in a large collection. Being able to be shown the entries with stuff missing could be nice.

The tutorials of file structure covers the basics, but there is no mention of say what to do with Pilots in tv series. Are there other tricks to file/folder naming that are not documented? They could be very useful to know :-)

You could also point peole to a multiple file renaming app such as the WildRename or one of the others as it is a nifty tool to fave when editing series and many file names.

One thing about tvseries is that many of mine are one season and ended, so I was wondering if it is posssible to have them without the season step in the menu.

This is not a complaint. These are minor things in a very good project and I really like it. Thank you very much for this and for all the work you put into it. It is really turning into something good.

Edited by Schroinx

Beardyname

I have just updated the metadata for a lot of my collection, as much is now on imdb that was not before. I have had good luck finding the shows/concerts on imdb with a tt id. But even if I enter it in "identify" it might fail, and also if I add manualy it under "ext ids" it does not always work, not even with "advanced refresh".

The concert Legends of Jazz Showcase is a good example.Imdb entry here, but it fails to collect the info:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3588794/

Sometimes it is not possible to enter an external id, as the box are not there

Secondly I was wondering if MB3 occationally check if missing inf and img has become avalible, and also update ratings etc regularly? And also if missing ids for imdb etc?

It seems as many data on concerts, tvshows and documentaries has become avalible in imdb, that was not before.

Is possible to update one category, say genres for all movies from imdb/other data provider?

Is it possible to select a number of movies and enter say a genre for all of them?

A lot of my movies does not have images of actors, but I can see they start showing for the ones I add now. Does MB3 check for the missing images by itself?

I have used MCM a bit before, and it had some nifty features to highlight movies etc with missing ids/images/info in a large collection. Being able to be shown the entries with stuff missing could be nice.

The tutorials of file structure covers the basics, but there is no mention of say what to do with Pilots in tv series. Are there other tricks to file/folder naming that are not documented? They could be very useful to know :-)

You could also point peole to a multiple file renaming app such as the WildRename or one of the others as it is a nifty tool to fave when editing series and many file names.

One thing about tvseries is that many of mine are one season and ended, so I was wondering if it is posssible to have them without the season step in the menu.

This is not a complaint. These are minor things in a very good project and I really like it. Thank you very much for this and for all the work you put into it. It is really turning into something good.

1. Well scraping data from imbd is not allowed since they consider their data valuable property and charge alot of money for others who wish to use it.

as for that concert, i don't really see any data at all. Except for that it's there and it lists some members (better than nothing).

2. Updating a category as you call it depends on your library setup, but doing a refresh from the metadata editor on the top level will update all the items below it.

3. This i don't think is possible atm, not sure how it would be implemented either,  if you have an idea for this make a feature request :) (the genre question)

4. yes and more actor images will come available as time progresses.

5. Are you talking about a folder with pilots? Otherwise the standard convention will work :) (TV\ShowName\Season X\Episode 01 etc)

6. MB3 has the auto-organize feature so I think that is covered :)

7. Flat folder setup for shows with only 1 season, Something you also should make a feature request for!

As for no ID available it depends on how you have setup your media, If there is none, it means that mb3 did not realize it's a movie/tvshow An example of this would be nice so we can help you figure out why!

Schroinx

1) Okay

2) Allrigth

3) What MCM does is it work in a kind of spreadsheet/table style, where the entries can be sorted and selected in many different way. The challenge is to have it web compatible, cause else a stand alone thing could do it. But allrigth, it is more nice to have, than need :-)

4) Good to hear :-)

5) Pilots are not mentioned in the tutorial. I made a Season 0 folder with Show.S00E00.Name. in it. It worked.

6) I haven't tried it yet. Many of my series are one season ended documentaries. I'll look into it.

7) Okay

8) I'll see if I can find an example.

Thanks

Beardyname

oh I missed one, If you go to the reports section you can get a list of items and also filter of what are not identified and not :)

and to elaborate 5, Pilots are really just the first episode so it should be in the Season 1 Folder :)

Schroinx

I have beeen working some more with it, I can see many on the issues arise from a show/movie being both a movie (DVD) and miniseries. So I have solved most conflicts now. Also there seems to be something with Name if it is foreign (some of mine are).

The report-function is very useful. If you could just edit metadata there or select multiple entries and edit one value for all, that would be neat. I'll post a feature request :-)

Can pilots also be episode 0?

The auto renaming convention is not useful i my case. I have quite a few, well a lot actually, miniseries and documentaries with only one season and ended. MB3 was made for multi-season openended stuff. These are often named Seriesname.1of2.Epname.mkv and hence a multiple file renaming tool comes in handy to get MB3 to recognize them with the S01E01 instead.

not always, blackadder has a pilot and an episode 1

And that is considered a Special so it would go in the Season 0 folder (or be S00E01).

• Like 3

Schroinx

Now I have run into something I cannot solve. The episodes fail to show in MB for this series:

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=81137

The folder name:

Islam, Empire of Faith (2000)

Name in meta:

Islam, Empire of Faith

Filenames:

Islam, Empire Of Faith s01e01.The.Messenger.DivX-MP3.avi

and

Islam Empire Of Faith s01e01 The Messenger.avi

And this Journey of Life

Journey.of.Life.S01E01of5.Seas.of.Life.avi

Both do have an entry in themoviedb but no episodes. In tvdb there is episodes. Can that be it?

http://www.themoviedb.org/tv/38332

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=79518&seasonid=16566&lid=7

Beardyname

well according to tvdb the S01E05 Of Journey of life is actually called humans :P

also "Islam, Empire of Faith" should maybe be : "Islam - Empire of Faith"

year should also be 2001 instead of 2000 :) (worked when i created a dummy for it at least)

• Like 1