Broken Indexes on MB Classic

aziz
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

it is Asus P8z77-v mobo with 2700K i7 and 16gb ram.  I am utilizing all SATA ports with 6 drive in intel raid 5 at 3tb per disk.  I am running windows 7 ultimate with windows update in 64bit.  I have internet explorer open with few tabs and outlook 2007 running at any given time.

sorry, forgot to mention that the above was the server config...

The client is running older processor (but fast, it is P6T Deluxe V2 MOBO) with 4gb ram and windows 7 ultimate (updated) in 32bit.  again, I am running internet explorer with over 10 tabs opened and torrent program (but not downloading much at the time)

It is the client getting the OOM error so that is what I was asking.  Can you please test it out without the other stuff going on (torrents and lots of ie tabs)?

Bad news I'm afraid.....

I have restarted the PC from scratch, and loaded MCE and MB classic.  indexed by actor, and it followed the same path as earlier in terms of speed.  After about 8 populated letters (interestingly, this time started with A and then it worked itself backwords.   anyway, I chose to open letter A after it populated, and had the same crash... checked event viewer and it was due to Out of Mem... here is the log file... hope this helps.  I tried few times and it had random crashes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71775242/MBClassic-912201453f4c6524a8b4e3a93a62c73d9ea178f.log

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note that I was seeing the same issues as described above for all of the indexes: Year, Director, etc on MB Classic beta release version. MB Classic is running on a very beefy 4 core Windows x64 client with 16GB RAM. Server is even more beefy. Tuned GB Ethernet with high quality switches between them

I have played indicators turned off in MB Classic.

I switched to DEV release .243 and all issues seemed to be resolved ATM.

Thanks EBR.

MBClassic-31122014877675545e1d408c9ea7e54d3a2c82a9.log