Broswing Movies becomes unresponsive

Novalak

I have a roku 3 which is connected via ethernet

Browsing TV works perfect

Browsing Movies is very hit and miss. Most of the time there is a large delay when clicking on a movie. Minimum 10 seconds

Some of the time (every 2 or 3 movies) it becomes unresposible to the point i need to unplug roku to reset it, pretty much locks up and has been sitting there for miutes at a time

similar to http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13839-roku-stalls-and-gets-stuck-in-mb3/ but i dont even need to sort to get it to lock up

I can provide anything you need, including a video if that would help

We haven't seen this reported before. It's being looked into. If you could see the alpha area and try the server dev build, that would be helpful. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
shiptoshore

It appears that I am also seeing a similar issue. I can sometimes get a video playing otherwise not usable as it hangs.

MediaManXL

I'm having a similar issue with my Roku.  It hangs and becomes non-responsive when browsing any of the folders in my library.  I have a pretty large library if that makes a difference.  The Roku seems to lock up completely, but I've found that if I press buttons and then walk away, eventually after several minutes it will respond to the buttons that were pressed. I check the performance utilization on my server during this time and it's very low, so it seems to be something going on with the Roku itself, not the MB server.   I'd be happy to help if there's anything I can do to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

I'm not sure, haven't seen this, but as soon as our update gets pushed through it has improvements that will reduce the amount of data being requested from the server. it might help. you can try it on the beta channel in the meantime

• Like 1

MediaManXL

Thanks for the reply Luke.  I downloaded and installed MediaBrowser.Roku.zip from Github.  It seems to be working much better now.  I browsed my library and it was very responsive.  Thank you!

One dumb question now though...  I see two channels now on my Roku for MediaBrowser.  If I click on either one of them, and go to preferences it says I'm running version 1.77.   Are they the same, or is one the new one I just installed and one the one that was there before?

Thanks again for the help!

the zip becomes it's own channel on your device. it will unfortunately be difficult to tell them apart. but hopefully the public channel update will go through soon.

• 1 month later...

Which update might've solved this?  I'm having the same issue.  I can navigate and start up TV shows fine, but if I select a movie, it hangs for minutes.  I hear the noise verifying that it registered the button-push, and I'm not able to go back or home, but nothing happens for extremely long periods of time.  I either have to wait or reset the Roku entirely.  Per the link above I redid the library.db file, and it also reduced it to about 1/3 the size, but I've noticed no change in the responsiveness of either Roku channel. 

Just checking to see if anyone figured this out and just didn't post.  It would be ideal to be able to use the channel on my Roku, but honestly, the process posted to get logs on the Roku and try to troubleshoot issues is too time consuming for me to attempt right now.  I'm hoping to benefit from someone else's efforts:)  

The current stable release. We've trimmed the api output almost in half, so at this point, that is most likely not the problem.

Please see:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

and 

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16251-how-to-obtain-a-log-from-the-media-browser-roku-client/