Auto BoxSets

robsch

Howdy,

I used to have a section called "Box Sets" that was a folder for my MBC/Web. This worked out well. Then came along the Auto BoxSet plugin. This was a stroke of brilliance, and I love it. It saves me a lot of time. There is however, one thing I have been trying to do, and it seems to not want to do.

I rip both 3D / Blu-ray of each of my movies. This way I have them both and depending on my mood, I can watch one or the other. This is where it gets kind of annoying. I have to go though each one and remove the "Collection" ID in the meta data, because in the case of Avengers, there is only 1 movie, and it puts them together as a "Collection". So basically its making a collection of every 3D movie I have... Is there away to make an entire section exempt?  So I could flag my 3D movie folder as not scan-able ?  (It also likes to put them back when it re-adds the meta data.

Also, I have tried (and failed) to map the C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\root\default\Box Sets -> to my //moves/boxsets/ so I can get it as a root level folder (for the web)   Is this possible?

Thanks

AgileHumor

Manually removing the collection ID and then setting the metadata to locked fixed the issue for me.

I still needed to manually delete the collections I know longer wanted...but they didn't get recreated.

Hopefully there will be a more elegant option in the future which you suggested for an expemption.

Unfortunately, this is a necessary side-effect of the way the server handles multiple versions of the same movie right now.

In order for you to be able to see either (or both) the normal and 3D versions within the set, we need to allow them both to show up there.

The side-effect is any of these that meet the minimum threshold will cause a set to be created.

AgileHumor

Do 3d and non-3d versions have the same TMDB ID?  .

If so, I'd suggest the autobox set logic to only count unique TMDB ID's in it's assessment. To filter out two movies with same TMDB and Collection ID.

Do 3d and non-3d versions have the same TMDB ID?  .

If so, I'd suggest the autobox set logic to only count unique TMDB ID's in it's assessment. To filter out two movies with same TMDB and Collection ID.

Yes they do but if you read my post above you'll see why we don't do that - If we did and you had a collection with both a normal and 3D version of the same film, there would be no way to get to one of them from within the collection.

What I may be able to do is have some logic that keeps a set from being created if all you have is the different versions of the same film as opposed to multiple members of the set.

CBers

What I may be able to do is have some logic that keeps a set from being created if all you have is the different versions of the same film as opposed to multiple members of the set.

I have the THOR collection with THOR 1 & THOR 2 in, which is fine, but I have a 2D & a 3D version of THOR 2, but the 3D version is not in the collection.

I have the THOR collection with THOR 1 & THOR 2 in, which is fine, but I have a 2D & a 3D version of THOR 2, but the 3D version is not in the collection.

Using what version?  Does the 3D version also have the tmdb collection ID?

CBers

Using what version? Does the 3D version also have the tmdb collection ID?

v1.0.0.6

I'll take that back. It was the 2D version that wasn't in the collection.

It didn't have the collection ID, so I have now added it.

Will rerun a library scan.

Also, when I checked the details of the 3D version, the 3D Format field wasn't populated. I set it to FSBS and now it has 3D next to the name of the movie.

Okay, there is a beta version up that will do that.  Please try it out.

I will try it tonight. I will remove all my collections and let the plugin manually set them up again (as I have gone though and removed all the collection tags)

Thanks for your help/support in this. :)

I will try it tonight. I will remove all my collections and let the plugin manually set them up again (as I have gone though and removed all the collection tags)

Thanks for your help/support in this. :)

Seems to work. :)  Now I only have to clean a few of my movies

Example : X-Men - I have them all, but Days of Future Past shows up twice, since i have it as 2D & 3D)

Would it be possible to add a function that says if a movie is 3D (since that is a flag stored in MB, to exclude it?) (maybe make this a toggle so people can turn it on/off) ?  (Not trying to add more work, just throwing it out there)

CBers

Would it be possible to add a function that says if a movie is 3D (since that is a flag stored in MB, to exclude it?) (maybe make this a toggle so people can turn it on/off) ? (Not trying to add more work, just throwing it out there)

I'd like both 2D & 3D included, so yes perhaps a toggle would be good if technically possible.

Both of them need to show - otherwise there is no way to get to the other version.

At some point, if we start to handle 3D (or other alternate versions) in a different manner then this won't be an issue.

Both of them need to show - otherwise there is no way to get to the other version.

At some point, if we start to handle 3D (or other alternate versions) in a different manner then this won't be an issue.

Great!   Like I said, this is more of a "Wishlist" thing; I love how MB handles media, and the flexibility of how I can organize my media, which is why I bought it up. Look forward to see how things shake out next year.