Set simultaneous connect limit for users

drfiggins

This will be in Emby Server 4.3. You'll be able to set a total number of allowed simultaneous streams as well as per-user.

Is this in the beta server?

rbjtech

This will be in Emby Server 4.3. You'll be able to set a total number of allowed simultaneous streams as well as per-user.

Great news Luke - thanks - I'll look forward to testing this in the Beta  :D  

• Like 1

It's great to have these options. I've them all set but I've not tested them yet. Contributors get 2x streams, non-contributors get 1, even though they're family  B)

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this and I also think this is a great idea for remote users as I also suffer from this issue.

Also maybe we can add a time limit for user accounts for the kids... meaning I want that account to stop playing all content at a certain time let's say 10pm

I just came across this and I also think this is a great idea for remote users as I also suffer from this issue.

Also maybe we can add a time limit for user accounts for the kids... meaning I want that account to stop playing all content at a certain time let's say 10pm

This can already be done through the dashboard. Users > account > parental controls

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is now available in Emby Server 4.3. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Please try it out and feel free to create more feature request topics if you'd like us to expand on it. Thanks.

• Like 1

This is now available in Emby Server 4.3. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Please try it out and feel free to create more feature request topics if you'd like us to expand on it. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, I'll report back. I'm itching to get off the beta on this server

• 3 months later...
ray-finkle

Has anyone else experienced issues with limiting a user to 1 session?

Specifically with auto play of next up episodes, the new episode will attempt to start but then trigger the over session limit error and kill the session.

shocker

Has anyone else experienced issues with limiting a user to 1 session?

Specifically with auto play of next up episodes, the new episode will attempt to start but then trigger the over session limit error and kill the session.

Are you experiencing the same issue as this one? https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82419-issue-with-max-simultaneous-video-streams/ ?