Need testers for speed-up ideas

xnappo

xnappo

@@Luke - fine with me.

@ - I haven't tested the latest as I was out of town, will post some numbers tonight. 

At a high level though, Fast Movies 2 is good, Fast Movies 1, not good :)  That is before the server change though - so I am hoping that will change things.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

@@Luke - fine with me.

@ - I haven't tested the latest as I was out of town, will post some numbers tonight. 

At a high level though, Fast Movies 2 is good, Fast Movies 1, not good :)  That is before the server change though - so I am hoping that will change things.

xnappo

I'm wondering if there is a non-ram non-pagefile location the cache could be written. I should have been reporting memory usage this whole time, but on my OE box I have 2GB ram. I'll fire it up and at least show the usage with a reasonably cached db

Once you cross the available memory threshold the pi performance will likely suck, and of course their is the idea that your speed improvements are destructed after each reboot

I know other addons make use of a "storage location for downloads" but I'm not sure how. I'm thinking of Youtube, Icefilms, Mashup, etc off hand

xnappo

@@dark_slayer - we aren't talking all that much memory.  My whole movie collection is only 2MB - you can see the size of your collection by looking for the largest file in addon_data/plugin.video.xbmb3c/cache.

@ - I used a stopwatch on the Pi - it is still a lost cause but interesting as a worst-case scenerio.  The profile kept crashing on me - I am almost out of space on the SD card.

All Movies      no cache: 158 seconds/cache 134 seconds

Fast Movies     no cache: 64 seconds/ cache  48 seconds

Fast Movies 2:  cache na: 26 seconds

My collection is about 600 movies.  I think my SD card may be really slow - I may try with a faster one...

xnappo

• Like 1

e123enitan

Android box detail specs inside  log record

repo v.9.725

All Movies  Total Download :52:51:33 (Number of Movies 1988, 142 pages)

Fast All Movies: no time populated, but took a while before list drop's 

Fast All Movies 2: Error Script Fails 

However, I logged the process 

hope this helps, pls confirm 

Edited by e123enitan

dark_slayer

Android box detail specs inside  log record

repo v.9.725

All Movies  Total Download :52:51:33 (Number of Movies 1988, 142 pages)

I didn't quite understand the times you have listed. Was that 52 seconds, then 51, and then 33? 

Have you tried running a dedicated SSID from your router called Media5G or something similar and fixing it to 5GHz with a 40MHz channel? Your N10 should have much better server-client performance that way

xnappo

@@Luke - I tried the dev server - definitely *much* smaller data.  The data was <1/2 the size just as is, then removing the images was <1/4 the original size.

Unfortunately my Pi was acting up and I ran out of time to benchmark.  It was marginally faster on my main machine, but it tears through this stuff anyway.  I will get more data from the Pi and hopefully my old Atom laptop tonight.

Thanks,
Chris

• Like 1

e123enitan

I didn't quite understand the times you have listed. Was that 52 seconds, then 51, and then 33? 

Have you tried running a dedicated SSID from your router called Media5G or something similar and fixing it to 5GHz with a 40MHz channel? Your N10 should have much better server-client performance that way

my box is hard wired to router-thx

dark_slayer

my box is hard wired to router-thx

Okay . . . I just assumed we were talking about the log file you had posted. I thought it said Nexus 10

Still didn't totally understand times either

e123enitan

Okay . . . I just assumed we were talking about the log file you had posted. I thought it said Nexus 10

Still didn't totally understand times either

Yes it does shows as Nexus, I think for the purpose of Google play store download/recognition Finless Bob Rom in my box mirrored certain Nexus code hope it helps