Uninstall or install Promblems

Smitty018210
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Smitty018210

I can't seem to uninstall or reinstall Media Browser theater, or MBC. I get an error for both.

2. Theater Uninstall - Can't find shortcuts then crashes

3. MBC Uninstall fine now can't reinstall (have log for that)

The reason I was trying to reinstall of the programs is because neither could find my server on the home network.

install.log

Smitty018210

Yeah I still can't seem to get this to work. I restored my PC back a few days to get them both back and now neither can find the server on my home network. Goes from bad to worse I guess. It seems as though the reason I can't reinstall with the setup.exe file is because my PC doesn't seem to be able to connect the the server at Media Browser.

"An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/mbt/MediaBrowser.Theater.Installer.application'."

Configurator-291120144f3df8995f294df1ba42e3f112869c13.log

Edited by Smitty018210

Smitty018210

@@ebr @@Luke Now I can't update my media browser on a second pc use the prompt that comes on when the programs started. similar message. Unable to connect to mediabrowser3 server.

Smitty018210

Here is the error I got when I try to update MBC. "error checking for update. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I think I fixed theater, and the server issue, so no Im left with MCB as the only problem.

Smitty018210

3.0.195.0 7-14.1

It's on my travel laptop so it's not use often. I honest didn't think this would be so hard to figured myself. Thanks for the help!

Smitty018210

Not sure how or why, but I was finally able to uninstall and update. As always thanks for the help.