Music Metadata - MBServer

lja

I think I understand what he means. correct me if I am wrong, but you have added your music collection with the correct metadata, and maybe used something else to source that info, but then the server updates your information from the search parameters MBS has.

I believe the way around this is to edit it and lock it in the MBS library editor so that MBS will not do updates for that folder. How did you get the correct metadata originally though?

Thanks, you are correct. I recognize that I can edit and lock, however my question is whether there is anyway  not to have to adjust each folder individually. Originally used another program prior to using MBServer.

Edited by lja

strugglez

I am not home at the moment, but you can tell MBS to not update metadata somewhere, I've seen it before but can't remember where. Somewhere in your dashboard though.

Disable that, then I would use your previous software, to re-update the metadata you used to have, as I assume it was a metagrabber type program? then, get MSB to refresh with the updated metadata, Lock the folders, then re-enable automatic updating in the dashboard. I am not 100% sure that locking works, but I think that is what it is designed to do.

Anyone elses input would be awesome, as I would like to know also.

I am not home at the moment, but you can tell MBS to not update metadata somewhere, I've seen it before but can't remember where. Somewhere in your dashboard though.

Disable that, then I would use your previous software, to re-update the metadata you used to have, as I assume it was a metagrabber type program? then, get MSB to refresh with the updated metadata, Lock the folders, then re-enable automatic updating in the dashboard. I am not 100% sure that locking works, but I think that is what it is designed to do.

Anyone elses input would be awesome, as I would like to know also.

I had started replacing the metadata in each folder but am hoping there is some way to  perform a mass update. This will be a long process. Will let you know if locking works.

Using MBServer only, the correct metadata was changed. Is there anyway I can now correct this without having to individually change each artist's information?

strugglez

I think I understand what he means. correct me if I am wrong, but you have added your music collection with the correct metadata, and maybe used something else to source that info, but then the server updates your information from the search parameters MBS has.

I believe the way around this is to edit it and lock it in the MBS library editor so that MBS will not do updates for that folder. How did you get the correct metadata originally though?