MKV and SRT

Kincaid
Go to solution Solved by trooper11,

I have some MKV files with srt subtitles. I Never Managed to get them work in media center. I tried VLC as external player but mb crashes every time during playback. I saw that feature withe the web interface and remote control via the iOS app. Is it possible to show my subs in the web interface?

trooper11

Yes, the web interface can show subtitles. You get controls to enable or disable them.

The team has been working hard to get subtitle support to work across all the different types of subs, so give ti a try.

I also have some mkvs with .srt subs that are showing up fine.

• Solution
trooper11

Are you trying this from a pc web browser, or from your iPhone?

On a pc or tablet that uses say IE, firefox, or chrome, when you play a video, you will see a 'T' symbol among the player controls. Click that and you should see a list of available subtitles.

Edited by trooper11
  • Like 1

crashkelly

Are you trying this from a pc web browser, or from your iPhone?

On a pc or tablet that uses say IE, firefox, or chrome, when you play a video, you will see a 'T' symbol among the player controls. Click that and you should see a list of available subtitles.

Never noticed that, thanks for the info

Cheers

trooper11

No problem, also note the other symbols with the controls. You can change audio tracks if there are more than one and jump around to a specific chapter.

crashkelly

No problem, also note the other symbols with the controls. You can change audio tracks if there are more than one and jump around to a specific chapter.

Noticed them at the same time. Thanks

MB3 just keeps on giving and giving and giving :)

I want to watch on a pc in Firefox but control with my iPhone. I tried to play a video on iPhone for testing and get three options when I tap the speech bubble: off, automatic and unknown cc. None of them shows subs. Then I tried the web interface. I can see the T and when I click it it shows "srt external". When I click this the videos stops for a moment then plays again, but with no subs. Anyway I can't control the subs via remote in the app, so that's not an option for me. I don't want to control anything with the mouse.

But I had another problem yesterday. I tried to play two movies. One just showed a black screen, the other didn't even start to play. I guess my system is just to slow to stream HD movies from my server. :(

Also the MB3 MC plugin crashes very of often on my PC. I guess I have to wait for media browser theater, maybe this works better for me or I have to try another plugin which would be very bad.

crashkelly

If you can provide the MBC logs after a crash I am sure that the issue can be worked out, same with any of the other issues you are having with the system.

Cheers