Windows 8 App Mock-Ups

swhitmore

swhitmore

Hey, I'm loving the interest in a Windows 8 app. I'm not sure if a lot of people have seen these, but here are some mock-ups I did for a Metro style app. Feel free to use them. Comments welcome.

Login Screen:

Login%20Screen%201%20-%20SW.jpg?psid=1

EHS Views:

EHS%20Screen%201.jpg?psid=1

(Side Scroll Panorama)
EHS%20Screen%204.jpg?psid=1

Collection Views:

Collection%20Screen%201.jpg?psid=1

Collection%20Screen%202%20-%20no_details

Collection%20Screen%202.jpg?psid=1

TV Series Collection Views:

TV%20Series%20Collection%20Screen%201.jp

TV%20Series%20Collection%20Screen%202.jp

TV%20Show%20Collection%20Screen%20Jumpli

TV Series Menu Views:

TV%20Series%20Menu%20Screen%201.jpg?psid

TV%20Series%20Menu%20Screen%202.jpg?psid

Details Views:

Detail%20Screen%201.jpg?psid=1

• Like 4

gthrift

That looks awesome.  

I would love to see that as a MBC theme as well.  Nice work.  Hopefully someone will pick it up.

LOL - I just noticed you have yourself married to Charlize Theron.  How does your new wife feel about that...?

• Like 4

Cheesegeezer

LOL - I just noticed you have yourself married to Charlize Theron.  How does your new wife feel about that...?

LOL..... That made me chuckle, but she's married to me, so he must be lying  :rolleyes:

Scott..... great shots

Edited by Cheesegeezer

So, some of these shots look like the theater client.

The login page is cool. MBC should use that.

user last seen date (i can't remember the exact parameter in the API).  The theater could use that too.

there are no backdrops in the images, could some of the information get lost without an overlay on the backdrop?

I would really like to see some of these images be put into the theater.

I like how the "red bar" is used in the EHS shot to imply focus on the "movies" item.  That is just great!

I wish I was better at XAML/WPF, I really do...

trooper11

Cool stuff, I love these mock ups.

The login screen is especially slick looking to me. That screen is usually rather plan, but you made it fit right in with the rest of MB.

When I think of MB from a design perspective, its the focus on the visual flare. Things like backdrops, visual effects, etc, all come together to make an appealing look.

Upon further examination, I wounder how hard it would be to put the "now playing" window in a panorama like that.

that would be mighty fine!

shaefurr

Love your mock-ups as always Scott. I remember that movie detail screen. One thing I love about the metro, it may not be very colorful, but its simple, clean and really makes the art pop.

swhitmore

She knows Charlize will always be my first love ;)

swhitmore

I forgot I had these too. I would love to see a Windows 8 app be about more than just your collection. I think it would be a perfect spot to aggregate news, and offer suggestions about other shows/movies you may like. It would also be the perfect client to make social plugins like Trakt become more prominent.

News Views:

news1.jpg

news2.jpg

Another Panoramic Scroll:

Panoramic.jpg

White Menu:

title%20menu2%20white2.jpg

mate I wish someone would make that... looks beautiful.

makes my first love neo look boring!!!

trooper11

Yeah, a Win 8 app like that could be every bit as robust as the MBT program. You can go way beyond just serving the media, but integrating all of the extra plugins that get developed such as the social stuff, news feeds, podcasts, etc. It could support the book plugin, not to mention gamebrowser.

The options are there if the will to develop it is there.

• Like 1

Should the search, home, and settings options not be in the app bar/charms? Playback controls, and access to the "now playing" playlist too.

swhitmore

These were used as the mock-ups for MBT. The settings are there so you can access them with a remote on a TV. But yeah, they can be hidden.

Edited by swhitmore