Old movies as new movies

coldiak

Hi

I have my movies on 4 drives, on my primary drive i have the new movies, sometimes i move the oldest movies to another drive to make space to new movies and delete oldest movies from other drive

The problem is mediabrowser shows me the oldest movies moved as new.

The movie is already on the catalog but when i change to another drive are showed as new.

Any advice?

Angelblue05

I believe I've read somewhere that using File creation date over Date added to library will solve your issue. Since it never changes, MediaBrowser will detect it as being the same file and not treat it as new content. @@ebr can probably confirm this.

547661966aac8_dateadded.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

JohnnyM

I believe when you copy a file from one drive to another, Windows creates a new file, therefore the date created is the date copied. The date modified is the date that the ripped file was first produced.

I believe when you copy a file from one drive to another, Windows creates a new file, therefore the date created is the date copied. The date modified is the date that the ripped file was first produced.

Bingo

There are date changing utilities out there you can use to re-set the dates in the file system if you need to.

Hi,

One quick question. The web text say "If a metadata value is present it will always be used before either of these options." So if an item has already been added to the library, if it is moved (copied to) a new location along with the metadata. Even if the file system creates a new date it should never change right?