Emby Server on Synology

rvmourik

udo.christ

Got an Issue with the coverArt plugin. Installed the server on bromolow and installed the coverart plugin. Instant crash with missing libgdi.dll.

Server will only start after installing the plugin when you manually remove the plugin from the filesystem.

I think that plugin also needs to move away from libgdi if i understood the forum about the synology port correct

• Like 1

Got an Issue with the coverArt plugin. Installed the server on bromolow and installed the coverart plugin. Instant crash with missing libgdi.dll.

Server will only start after installing the plugin when you manually remove the plugin from the filesystem.

I think that plugin also needs to move away from libgdi if i understood the forum about the synology port correct

read the contents of this whole thread to get up to speed

udo.christ

read the contents of this whole thread to get up to speed

Hi,

Reread the thread but did not get up to speed, sorry to ask, but where was I supposed to read anything about this issue.

I think the coverart plugin needs to be changed in the same way mb has if there had been issues with libgdi.

I've installed mono from synocommunity and media browser from cytek. All on bromolow and working w/o problems. I'va added my audio, movie and TV library and scanned them into mb. All working, around 50k items. I can perfectly access the media w/o any crashes.

As soon as I install the "coverart" plugin and restart the server will no longer start with a missing libgdi.dll. Removing the plugin manually will fix this and the server is back to before.

Udo

we have actually completed the Cover Art conversion to ImageMagick. It should be available shortly. Glad to hear everything else is going well.

• Like 1

Folks,

New to MBS but not new to porting & software dev.    Software development environment (gcc-suite) setup and running well on my avoton.  Already built ffmpeg 2.5.4 and am running.

I've left Plex behind after 18 months of broken promises.

It and I stand ready to help if needed.

Edited by ChuckL
  • Like 1

Will done! We could potentially need some help creating a package for this when the time comes

Quastor

Folks,

New to MBS but not new to porting & software dev.    Software development environment (gcc-suite) setup and running well on my avoton.  Already built ffmpeg 2.5.4 and am running.

I've left Plex behind after 18 months of broken promises.

It and I stand ready to help if needed.

No porting experience here, but plenty on testing and debugging.  Just recently got my Synology NAS up and running and highly interested in getting an avoton build released.  More than willing to help with any alpha/beta testing needed!

we don't have an arm ffmpeg build so the docker build won't work if that's the cpu arch

hifiaudio2

I have only installed anything on my Synology that is done through the official Synology "store"  inside DSM.   Is there a "walkthough"  on how to get MB server running?  Some of the posts in this thread are using terminology I dont understand.   Or should I wait for something more official if this is my level of expertise? 

No, can someone help with such a guide? As I mentioned earlier we're all figuring it out together

Guest rog

I have only installed anything on my Synology that is done through the official Synology "store"  inside DSM.   Is there a "walkthough"  on how to get MB server running?  Some of the posts in this thread are using terminology I dont understand.   Or should I wait for something more official if this is my level of expertise? 

Which Synology unit do you have?

Guest rog

I have the 1812+

Install mono from SynoCommunity then install this spk provided by cytec

SynoCommunity install instructions below.

Step 1

Log into your NAS as administrator and go to Main Menu → Package Center → Settings and set Trust Level to Synology Inc. and trusted publishers.

Step 2

In the Package Sources tab, click Add, type SynoCommunity as Name and http://packages.synocommunity.com/ as Location and then press OK to validate.

Step 3

Go back to the Package Center and enjoy SynoCommunity's packages in the Community tab.

Edited by rog
  • Like 1

simono5

Step 1

Log into your NAS as administrator and go to Main Menu → Package Center → Settings and set Trust Level to Synology Inc. and trusted publishers.

Step 2

In the Package Sources tab, click Add, type SynoCommunity as Name and http://packages.synocommunity.com/ as Location and then press OK to validate.

Step 3

Go back to the Package Center and enjoy SynoCommunity's packages in the Community tab.

To be able to download Mono and MB3 you'll also need to select 'Yes, I want to see the beta versions'

hifiaudio2

OK great thanks... So after doing this it is "mono"  and MB3  that I need to download separately and install?

simono5

OK great thanks... So after doing this it is "mono"  and MB3  that I need to download separately and install?

That will do it.

PeteWhite67

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

I've tried adding the above package source but nothing is happening! I have the Synology DiskStation DS414j. Anyone else having problems?

Cheers.

Pete

simono5

I've tried adding the above package source but nothing is happening! I have the Synology DiskStation DS414j. Anyone else having problems?

Cheers.

Pete

What's not happening?

Have you clicked on the community tab in Package Centre? Can you see Mono/MB3 available to download?

PeteWhite67

What's not happening?

Have you clicked on the community tab in Package Centre? Can you see Mono/MB3 available to download?

Not sure what was happening, apparently the DS lost its connection to the internet although the network connection was working fine! Rebooted the DS and all good now so I can see all the packages at synocommunity.

I've managed to get mono and mediainfo installed but not sure how or where to get sqlite3 or libgdiplus, the only stuff I can find is where I have to build the binaries myself!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

simono5

Not sure what was happening, apparently the DS lost its connection to the internet although the network connection was working fine! Rebooted the DS and all good now so I can see all the packages at synocommunity.

I've managed to get mono and mediainfo installed but not sure how or where to get sqlite3 or libgdiplus, the only stuff I can find is where I have to build the binaries myself!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

You just need mono and mb3 installed

PeteWhite67

You just need mono and mb3 installed

OK, not sure if I've installed MB properly, I downloaded the zip file and extracted it into a folder on the DS.

Using PuTTY I ran "mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe" and got the following...

DiskStation> mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Media Browser
        Command line: /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        Operating system: Unix 3.2.40.0
        Processor count: 2
        64-Bit OS: False
        64-Bit Process: False
        Program data path: /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server
        Mono: 3.4.0 ((no/d4511ef Mon Oct 27 20:03:27 CST 2014)
        Application Path: /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application version: 3.0.5518.7
Info, App, Application configuration:
        {"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":false,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":false,"EnableLocalizedGuids":false,"EnableLibraryMetadataSubFolder":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"MergeMetadataAndImagesByName":false,"EnableStandaloneMetadata":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":false,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"InsecureApps8":["Chromecast","iOS","Unknown app","MediaPortal","Media Portal","iPad","iPhone","Roku","Windows Phone"],"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"EnableLegacyCollectionInView":false,"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common, Version=3.0.5518.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db
Info, AuthenticationRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/authentication.db
Info, SyncRepository, Sqlite 3.8.6 opening /volume1/Media/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/sync14.db
Error, ImageProcessor, Error loading libwebp:
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5518.7
        libwebp.so.5
        System.DllNotFoundException
          at (wrapper managed-to-native) Imazen.WebP.Extern.NativeMethods:WebPGetEncoderVersion ()
          at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.GetEncoderVersion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor.LogWebPVersion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Error, Main, UnhandledException
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5518.7
        One or more errors occured
        System.AggregateException
          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        InnerException: System.ApplicationException
        Unable to download required components. Please try again later.
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>d__22.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>d__9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>d__32.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>d__1b.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<Init>d__5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnhandledException
One or more errors occured
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
InnerException: System.ApplicationException
Unable to download required components. Please try again later.
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>d__22.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>d__9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>d__32.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>d__1b.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<Init>d__5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It doesn't seem to have worked. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what LOL.

Cheers for any help.

Pete

PeteWhite67

Pete, you install MB3 from the Communities tab under package centre. No copying of zips.

Hmm, I don't see MB3 in the communities tab... I have "any publisher" and "yes I want to see beta versions" checked.

Pete