Username not found?!

jcricketlegs

jcricketlegs

Hi all, new to MB3 and am trying to get my XBMB3C connected to my server on windows.

Firstly it said server detected succeeded and then it states unable to connect to server.

I have put in the IP address in the primary server address ( I got this from pop up when it said server detected succeeded, is that correct?)

Port is auto filled

Username keeps stating username not found even though I know it is correct.

Update, now taken out username and it detected server but now getting incorrect url ; unable to connect to server

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon

Edited by jcricketlegs

Angelblue05

What I would suggest you to try is once you enter your username and password within the XBMB3C/MediaBrowser add-on, restart XBMC/Kodi (ignore the errors) and see if the error persists.

Edited by Angelblue05

jcricketlegs

HI, this still is not functioning and still getting incorrect url ; unable to connect to server after it stating that the server had been detected....

Angelblue05

Can you please confirm the url has been saved to the add-on settings by navigating to Enabled add-ons > Video add-ons > Media Browser/XBMB3C > Configure? You can restart XBMC/Kodi, if you had to insert the url manually. Sometimes I find it doesn't save properly using the auto-detect.

If it still doesn't work, then we'll need a log to see what's going on, instead of just guessing. :) You will need to enable the debug log 1 -info in the Media Browser/XBMB3C add-on settings (advanced tab / it's the last one). You will need to post your xbmc log.

If you are not familiar with logs, you can follow this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy and/or post the content of your log directly in pastebin.com, using the python syntax and paste the direct link to it in your post.

Edited by Angelblue05

jcricketlegs

Hi there, thanks for response. Probably being dumb but what is the actual url as I don't think I have ever put it in!? Presumably it was just on auto detect?

Angelblue05

It's a valid question, the url is the local ip you use to access your Media Browser server. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

You could technically use either (if you want to access a server outside your network), but in your case, you will want to go with the localhost/internal ip address (mine is 192.168.0.190, for example).

Edited by Angelblue05

saitoh183

You could technically use either (if you want to access a server outside your network), but in your case, you will want to go with the localhost/internal ip address (mine is 192.168.0.190, for example).

It is also case sensitive

dark_slayer

Thanks, so the localhost url or the remote access url?

I'm not sure why, but localhost never works (in other xbmc addons as well). It surely wouldn't work if it's not the same machine, but if you are running xbmc and testing this on your the same box as your mb3 server then you should be able to use 127.0.0.1

In any case your local IP should work, but don't enter http in front

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Can someone tell me where to find the proper username.  I keep getting this error.  I think i am entering the corect name but it is not working.  I am entering the same name i use to log in to mediabrowser server.  Is this correct?  Thank you for any help

Angelblue05

Yes, the username is the same as the one you use to login to your Media Browser server. Do you get the error even after restarting XBMC/Kodi? If so, you can always verify your information here: users > username > Appdata > Roaming > Kodi or XBMC > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.xbmb3c > settings.xml (make sure id=username and id=password fields are correct)

Thank you for the help I will verify my info is correct. It does happen after I restart kodi. I also tried installing different combinations of kodi or Gotham and the beta and stable repo. That is why I figured I was putting in the wrong user name

im85288

If you are sure your username and password combination is correct, can you go into the settings section and set the debug level to 1 or 2 and post a link to your log here? You can follow the process here for a simple way to upload your log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy (NOTE - you only need to set the debug level on the xbmb3c addon settings)

tehdartherer

Had the same issue. The option to hide the username on the login page, in the advanced user configuration, was activated. Disabling it solved the problem.

xnappo

Had the same issue. The option to hide the username on the login page, in the advanced user configuration, was activated. Disabling it solved the problem.

@@Luke - FYI

yes that's correct. when you query for public users it wont be returned in the list at all. they have to login manually by typing in their username and password

yea, the easy answer is don't do that, but if you tell me what you're trying to accomplish i can help give you a better way

Thanks for the advice. I unchecked the box and now its working properly

if you're talking to me, that wasn't advice for you. you should configure how you want. i can help them get it squared away.

im85288

There's a new version available in the beta repo where this should work (0.9.737).  Please confirm either way

• Like 1