Shuffle play - subsequent episodes losing focus

woolooloo

woolooloo

Media Browser Classic 3.0.224.0, but I've seen this for a while and am just getting around to looking into it.

In the mornings the kids generally tell me what show they want to watch, I got to the cover for that show, hit play, and choose shuffle. Then I go get ready while it plays random episodes.

Except that starting a while ago, when it starts playing the 2nd episode, the episode plays but the video is not visible, instead it shows the Media Browser screen and will eventually go to screen saver. I can hear the audio, and if I hit "back" and back out to Now Playing, the episode is playing correctly. But there seems to be a bug in how it is showing the Media Browser interface instead of the video of the show.

First, update to the latest version of MBC - although I doubt that will change anything.

Then, please provide more information like what theme you are using and also a MBC log when this happens.

pavlov70

I was about to post the exact same thing. I switched to MB from MyMovies a few weeks ago and use shuffle play a lot. I never noticed the problem until the other day because I use mostly use extenders and the problem doesn't exhibit itself on extenders. I can get around the problem by disabling "Use Custom Player Interface" but I really like the look of the custom one.

thanks

rob

MB3 Version 3.0.5424.1

MBC Version  3.0.237

Edited: I'm running 3.0.237, not 8. I'll try 238 and try again. 

Update: Upgrading to 3.0.238 and same issue. Thought it was working but I still had the Custom Player Interface unchecked. Will upload a log file in a bit.

Edited by pavlov70

pavlov70

Attached is MBC log.

After the 1st episode is complete, MBC goes back to the details page like if you were only playing a single episode or had hit Stop. However, the 2nd episode continues to play in the background. I'm using the Square theme.

thanks

rob

MBClassic_log.zip

woolooloo

I'm upgrading now so I'll be able to test again in the morning and post a log.

I'm using the Classic theme. Like Pavlov70, I'm using the custom player interface, though I haven't tested disabling it. The custom player interface is nice looking, but it does interfere with my commercial skip, so I'm probably ok disabling it if it fixes this problem. However, I'll get a log posted to help first. Thanks.

pavlov70

All of my movies & TV shows are h.264 in a WTV container, not sure about woolooloo. I haven't tried any other container but can throw a couple of mkv's to see if that makes a difference.

woolooloo

I've attached a log. This is very easy to reproduce for me, I hit shuffle play, jump ahead to the end of the file and it immediately reproduces the problem as it moves to the next file. The log file only has Media Browser Classic startup and then this sequence of events.

I did update to 3.0.238.0.

I did try Chocolate theme and had the same issue.

Turning off the Custom Player interface does make the problem go away so it can likely be traced to that.

Thanks!

MBClassic-27112014d06ea947b744495da9a22f1e8039acb3.log

woolooloo

Most of my files are in h.264 WTV containers like Pavlov70. However, I just tried another show where everything is in h.264 MKV containers and the problem did NOT occur. So there is something to that as well. I've attached a log with the same sequence of events as the previous logs, but using the MKV containers so any differences can be identified.

Thanks!

MBClassic-27112014d6281b1d0cf244278d75c1d6e9cbc4f7.log

In the first case (with the wtv) how many items were there in total?

How long did you let the second item keep playing in the background?  The log reports that it was stopped immediately after it started (like microseconds).

woolooloo

I count 55 WTV episodes for that show, split across 3 seasons.

I did stop it immediately because I was only trying to reproduce it for you in the log. This is consistently reproducible, and I know that I can let it keep playing like this and it will stay on this screen with the episode playing in the background until the Windows Media Center photo slideshow cuts in. Even then, the show continues to play in the background (verified through audio).

I can do another log with it playing like this for as long as you like, it just seemed like once it enters this state, whatever causes it has already happened.

I think it is an issue with the way WMC is handling the playback of the wtv files but it was hard to tell with that log because the item stopped so rapidly.  Could you please let it continue to play for at least 30 seconds or so?

Thanks.  Okay, the same exact thing happened there.  WMC reported to us immediately that the second item had stopped.  That is undoubtedly what is tripping it up and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it but my only hope will probably be to reproduce it myself.  I don't have any wtv content.  Can you dropbox me a couple of small items in that format and PM me the link?