Default User Issue

whitesoxrob

whitesoxrob

I had the SmartTV app installed and running just fine.  One time when I was logged in I chose the option to log in as the default user automatically.  Once I exited the app and tried to log back in I just get stuck at the choose user screen.  I tried removing the users password and uninstalling/reinstalling and neither seemed to work.  Is there a cache somewhere that is saving this default user setting?  Maybe if I can delete that this will work again.

I am running the latest version of the app, i believe it's .515 or .516.

Just checked and the version is .515c

My tv is Samsung PN60F8500

Try removing the device from the devices menu within the MediaBrowser server.

whitesoxrob

Try removing the device from the devices menu within the MediaBrowser server.

Tried this, then uninstalled app, turned off and on tv, reinstalled app, and the same issue is happening.  The server is saying my user is successfully authenticated, but the app never leaves the user select screen.

TolkienBard

Tried this, then uninstalled app, turned off and on tv, reinstalled app, and the same issue is happening.  The server is saying my user is successfully authenticated, but the app never leaves the user select screen.

Right up to here, your problem seemed to exactly mirror a problem I was intermittently encountering. Anytime I encountered it though, turning off my television, and then restarting the serer fixed the problem. It does sound like the issue is in the television or app though. I'm not sure what you do or don't have loaded in the way of apps right now. If you are like me, and only have a very small handful of apps loaded (I think I have three that are not "forced" apps) then you might try wiping the app's entry from the server, and then doing a complete reset of your Smart Hub. This basically resets your Smart Hub (and all internal settings for it) back to factory.   A fresh install of the app would then have nothing interfering with it. At that point, if it isn't working, the problem is not on the application side, but on the server side. If you have a number of apps installed though, this can become a real PITA.

whitesoxrob

Right up to here, your problem seemed to exactly mirror a problem I was intermittently encountering. Anytime I encountered it though, turning off my television, and then restarting the serer fixed the problem. It does sound like the issue is in the television or app though. I'm not sure what you do or don't have loaded in the way of apps right now. If you are like me, and only have a very small handful of apps loaded (I think I have three that are not "forced" apps) then you might try wiping the app's entry from the server, and then doing a complete reset of your Smart Hub. This basically resets your Smart Hub (and all internal settings for it) back to factory.   A fresh install of the app would then have nothing interfering with it. At that point, if it isn't working, the problem is not on the application side, but on the server side. If you have a number of apps installed though, this can become a real PITA.

Thanks TolkienBard, I'll try this out and report back.

whitesoxrob

Tried this since MediaBrowser is the only app installed and even after the uninstall, full reset, wipe from server, and reinstall I am still stuck at the choose user screen.  I'm pretty sure this all started from me choosing the logon as default user option on the Samsung TV App.  Maybe chessdragon136 has some insight into if this is a known issue or how to fix it.