Future Plugins

dotnetzero

dotnetzero

Anyone know if there are any plans for a youtube and / or pandora plugin?  I'd definitely fork over some extra cash for something like that.  Either in MBC or MBT.  I know at one point I had straight-up media center plugins for both, but they were very buggy so I ended up removing them a few years back.  I know MB is primarily geared towards local content, just thought options like these would be a cool touch.

• Like 1

We have lots of internet channel content available as plug-ins already but YT is problematic for legal reasons we've discussed a lot in the past.  It would be possible, but only in some of the apps and there would have to be special handling for it written into both the server and those apps and we just haven't gotten around to any of that yet.

Pandora does not have a public API.  I think someone hacked one but using things like that is always problematic as they tend to just break without warning on a regular basis.  Plus, there are legal issues there as well.

If someone wanted to try and build a Pandora Plug-in they could try applying to the Pandora developer program.  I don't know if there is cost or what other barriers to entry there are though.

dotnetzero

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of the legal ramifications that go along with those services, bummer.  I did, however, just install Kylo.tv.  I saw it in the plugin catalog and had to check it out.  Looks like there's MBT integration as well as a plugin for WMC.  There's your youtube, pandora, and every other web service you can think of.  Not as great as native apps, but i was impressed with the UI, very usable!