View in Movies

Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse

There are many ways to show and sort movies in the Movies view, that is great.

But there are a couple shortcommings:

1. An option to have the movie name under the picture when viewed as thumb/poster/banner like it is when chosing Timeline.

2. When Timeline is chosed, the bar to the right still shows letters ... Shouldn't there be years???

Betelgeuse

Well, it looks like how I want it, but I don't understand "Hit the "..." at the top of the view."

When I Click "..." (the vertical dots) I don't have a "card view"

Still in Timeline Years should be displayed instead of letters to the right.

Am I using an outdated version? (Version 3.0.5424.1)

Edited by Betelgeuse

Beardyname

Well they are not called "card view" but Poster Card and Thumb Card should be there if you are on latest beta at least. I do agree with the TimeLine thing though, but i'm wondering if it's necessary to have such a "filter" at all, since we don't have as many years as we have letters :)

*edit* I think the card vies are in the latest dev version, so should be out for the beta branch in the next update!

Edited by Beardyname

Yeah, sorry, I guess I jumped the gun.  I thought those went out in the last release.  Well, at least it is coming :).

• Like 1

Betelgeuse

Well they are not called "card view" but Poster Card and Thumb Card should be there if you are on latest beta at least. I do agree with the TimeLine thing though, but i'm wondering if it's necessary to have such a "filter" at all, since we don't have as many years as we have letters :)

Right, but if you have a lot of movies as I have, and you want to see releases from a certain year there are many pages to go through

Betelgeuse

1. An option to have the movie name under the picture when viewed as thumb/poster/banner like it is when chosing Timeline.

The reason I want the movie name written under the poster is that my native language is Swedish, and kids movie posters are very often only available in English.

For example the movie Cars is named Bilar in Swedish, and it would be easier for the kids.