Fedora/CentOS (RPM)

Luke

Has anyone else has this problem? i have installed the package on fresh centos7 setups and had.no problems

I just did a centos7 mini install, I get no reply on port 8096

I tried disable selinux but only difference I notice after that is ssh stopped working :(

should note I'm a complete noob on CentOS, never used it. Have used ubuntu quite a bit, and tested several other distro's also. But I struggle with CentOS now..

Edited by KRA

Ok, it was a firewall issue. I tried poking a hole in iptables but it did not help. So a simple "service firewalld stop" solved the issue.

psdl

Ok, it was a firewall issue. I tried poking a hole in iptables but it did not help. So a simple "service firewalld stop" solved the issue.

as root:

#firewall-cmd --list-all

look at your zone !

# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=your_zone --add-port=8096/tcp

for https: (you can generate and put your own certificate under preferences/hosting)

# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=your_zone --add-port=8920/tcp

# firewall-cmd --reload

Hope this helps. firewalld is great. Use it for your care !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
robotmaxtron

Did a fresh install on a Red Hat Enterprise 7 machine, when I attempted to install it I got the following error:

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from MediaBrowserServer-Dependancies: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I fixed it by manually updating the repo to point to the CentOS 7 repo and it works as expected. 

Since the CentOS 7 Repo is the one that should be used for RHEL 7 boxes, it should be pretty trivial to point RHEL 7 boxes at the CentOS repo. I'll attempt to get a PR in as soon as I get some time but in the event that somebody can get to it first, that'll do the trick.

Edited by robotmaxtron

robotmaxtron

The WebApp is telling me there's a newer server version (3.0.5607.2), however the latest version available in the repo is 3.0.5588.1 (as can be manually verified here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jose-pr:/MediaBrowserServer/Fedora_20/noarch/).

How can I update to the latest version of the server?

You have the most up to date version of Emby from this repo, the owner of the repo (Jose I believe) will have to update it to grab the most current stable version.

Possible solutions:

Use the Beta release

Use the Dev release

Wait for the repo to be updated.

I've reported this in Github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Releases/issues/14

Edited by robotmaxtron

stangri

You have the most up to date version of Emby from this repo, the owner of the repo (Jose I believe) will have to update it to grab the most current stable version.

Possible solutions:

Use the Beta release

Use the Dev release

Wait for the repo to be updated.

I've reported this in Github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Releases/issues/14

Thanks, I've tried to enable the beta repository but there was no package MediaBrowserServer-Beta so I gave up and posted here.

Is it possible to download the rpm from somewhere while I'm waiting for the repo to be updated? The download page on emby.media directs me to the repo.

robotmaxtron

Thanks, I've tried to enable the beta repository but there was no package MediaBrowserServer-Beta so I gave up and posted here.

Is it possible to download the rpm from somewhere while I'm waiting for the repo to be updated? The download page on emby.media directs me to the repo.

Not as far as I'm aware of, I am however running the most current (as of the time of this writing) dev version and everything's working as expected.

stangri

How can I switch to a Dev version? I know how to enable Dev repo, but what's the package name I need to install from there?

jose

How can I switch to a Dev version? I know how to enable Dev repo, but what's the package name I need to install from there?

The latest release shuold be building itself , i have been busy with work and other personal matter so  i haven' had the chance to update it. For the dev version once the repo is enabled you just need to try to update the server it should get the dev version instead.

• Like 1

mattman73

Hi 

I have tried to install this on my F19 system but i'm getting this error Protected multilib versions: ImageMagick-6.9.0-26.1.i686 != ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-5.fc19.x86_64

as yet I have not found any way round this error, could someone help please.
Regards
MattMan

Ok found a fix, I removed ImageMagick and then install it again, MediaBrowserServer has now just install lets hope I can get it to work.

Got it working but my Now tv boxes did not play anything, I would like to remove this and upgrade to F21 and install again and see if that helps but yum will not let me uninstall/remove the software.
Edited by mattman73

stangri

I hope so, I'm trying to work with Jose to get similar stuff setup. CentOS 6.x seems to be more troublesome then CentOS 7.x

Uh oh. Is it because of the lack of systemd in 6.x? 

I've been reluctant to migrate to 7.x because from what I've read it's not going to be as simple as a major upgrade on Ubuntu (and when the 7.x was first released there was no ZFSoL support for 7.x which is crucial for me), but if the 6.x repo is going to be constantly behind it may be the last straw for me to either upgrade to 7.x or move to Ubuntu.

hurricanehrndz

I will try and look at it soon, it was more about satisfying some dependencies during build.

hurricanehrndz

I think Jose is working on getting the new packing done, please be patient as we are in transition due to the renaming.

• Like 1

jose

Please test new repo 

aslo if you want to use yoru own imagemagick and mono only do

sudo yum install emby-server-core

if you run CentOS 

-susbtitute Fedora with CentOS 

wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jose-pr/MediaBrowser.Build/master/RPM/SOURCES/Emby/root/etc/yum.repos.d/emby.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/emby.repo
NAME=${NAME:=Fedora}
sudo sed -i "s;{Dist};$NAME;g" /etc/yum.repos.d/emby.repo
sudo yum install emby-server --enablerepo=Emby-Deps

In CentOS 7 the part where you enable MediaBrowserDependancies doesn't work like this:

if not you can enable the MediaBrowserServer-Dependancies repo to supply the dependancies

sudo yum-config-manager --enable MediaBrowserServer-Dependancies

Becuase there doesn't seem to be yum-config-manager anymore.

Instead you can have to use command:

sudo yum install MediaBrowserServer --enbalerepo=MediaBrowserServer-Dependancies

steini

Please test new repo 

if you run CentOS 

wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jose-pr/MediaBrowser.Build/master/RPM/SOURCES/Emby/root/etc/yum.repos.d/emby.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/emby.repo

I´m running centos 7 version 3.0.5607.2

I ran the update - moved data dir from /var/opt/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowserServer to /var/opt/Emby/server and restarted the service

Emby came up but the library is missing. A scan does not work at all and I cant add to the library, even though emby has access to the folders and I can see them when browsing for content.

The only error is see is "ImageMagick: Error loading webp:"  but the whole log can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=r0MKNCgA

Hope you can see something I cant :)

hurricanehrndz

I´m running centos 7 version 3.0.5607.2

I ran the update - moved data dir from /var/opt/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowserServer to /var/opt/Emby/server and restarted the service

Emby came up but the library is missing. A scan does not work at all and I cant add to the library, even though emby has access to the folders and I can see them when browsing for content.

The only error is see is "ImageMagick: Error loading webp:"  but the whole log can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=r0MKNCgA

Hope you can see something I cant :)

I'm sorry to inform you, but the data dir can't be moved. 

steini

So complete rebuild with users watch statuses. Passwords etc? ... Or I have to try to change the data dir in the config

Edited by steini

stangri

Please test new repo 

if you run CentOS 

It wrecked my install on CentOS 6.6:

Installed:
  emby-server.noarch 0:3.0.5621.4-Stable.7.1

Dependency Installed:
  ImageMagick-opt.x86_64 0:6.9.0-10.1
  emby-server-core.noarch 0:3.0.5621.4-Stable.7.1

Replaced:
  MediaBrowserServer.noarch 0:3.0.5607.2-Stable.67.1

But then:

[root@[member="nas"] /]# /etc/init.d/emby start
/etc/init.d/emby: line 19: /root/.Emby/server.conf: No such file or directory

Don't know what to do at this point.

Edited by stangri

stangri

I've commented out:

#. ~/.Emby/server.conf

in the startup script, and now I have this:

[root@[member="nas"] /]# service emby start
/etc/init.d/emby: line 30: [: {:=/opt/Emby/server}/Emby.sh: binary operator expected

Now I'm really out of my depth.

BTW, /etc/opt/Emby/server.conf is empty now. Should I run another script to set things up or something?

Edited by stangri