Dolby TrueHD outputted as PCM 2.0

Zerocool15

Zerocool15

Hello,

I'm using Media Browser Theater version 3.0.5435.35761 with LAV filters 0.63.0 and noticed that MKV files with Dolby TrueHD track are being outputted as PCM 2.0 even though playing the same file through both Windows Media Player and MPC-HC with madVR are able to bitstream Dolby TrueHD correctly. MKV files with DTS-HD track are bitstreamed correctly through MB Theater.

Another thing I noticed is that in LAV Audio Configuration menu if I uncheck all bitstreaming formats and apply these settings, this is done through the icon that is displayed after enabling ShowTrayIcon in MB Theater, and then replay movie again all the check boxes are rechecked.

In windows the audio configuration is set to 2 speakers and I have the Audio Bitstreaming Mode set to HDMI in MB Theater.

According to the log it shows bitstreaming is enabled for Dolby TrueHD.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust to get MB Theater to bitstream Dolby TrueHD or is this something that is still being implemented?

Thanks,

theater-63551939643.txt

Edited by Zerocool15

Zerocool15

Also in the status tab of LAV Audio Configuration the input codec is listed as aac 6 channels and output is PCM 6 channels when playing through MBT, but when playing in MPC-HC the codec is listed as TrueHD with 6 channels and output as bitstreaming.

• 4 weeks later...
Zerocool15

After trying path substitution all my files are now able to bitstream out directly through Media Browser Theater without having to use an external player such as MPC-HC.