Clicking actor images causes invalid application error

tired dad
Go to solution Solved by tired dad,

tired dad

As per the subject line, this has recently started to happen when using MB Classic. Whenever I select an actor to see their information, the application exits.  Under the new 3.0.27 beta, at least I get an "invalid application" error in Windows Media Centre.  The problem does not manifest in MB Theatre, so I think something is up with my MB Classic.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by tired dad

tired dad

Update your version of the Square Theme.  If there isn't a more recent one, switch to another theme.

Tried Chocolate, latest version, and had the same result. Both Chocolate and Square are up to date.  MB version is 3.0238 Beta

Edited by tired dad

It couldn't be the same thing because the error you had before was caused by the Square theme specifically.

I still haven't seen an MBC log so can't confirm much but is your server up to date?

tired dad

It couldn't be the same thing because the error you had before was caused by the Square theme specifically.

I still haven't seen an MBC log so can't confirm much but is your server up to date?

Well, same result... clicking on a cast member picture errors out the program. The server is up to date.  Which log file are you looking for?  I posted all of the ones in programdata folder as per this path:

\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\logs

The log file name should look something like MBClassic-[some really long hex number].log.

Have you disabled logging in MBC?  Make sure it is enabled and at the debug level.

Was another event log error generated?

• Solution
tired dad

I guess I must have the logging off...

Not sure how it happened, but changing the theme in one account and rebooting into the other account with square seems to have done it.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.