Unhandled exception - MBS will no longer start

seanbuff
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

seanbuff

Current Server Ver: 3.0.5424.1

After installing the latest MBPlus server plugin and restarting MBS - I am presented with:

546be7d933a45_20141119_113105.jpg

At which point MBS stops. Unable to be restarted.

Strangely I see in the logs it's complaining about metadata missing from TV Series, metadata that was previously fully populated.

On the filesystem, it appears to have been overwritten with 0kb xml files. With an odd date to match. This is across multiple shows so it can't be accurate.

546be9cf5ef0e_20141119_114551.jpg

546be9dc28698_20141119_114718.jpg

546be9e661f80_20141119_114852.jpg

MBS was working perfectly fine until just before the restart, all metadata has been in place for months.

No other metadata system is accessing the media store. MB is the only one.

What is the quickest way for me to get back on my feet and get MBS to start without errors?

TIA.

Server logs here and unhandled error log here

As far as the metadata, there's no way to know how that happened, but the server can recover from those 0 byte files, although i would still delete them.

I have no idea how that is happening.  Both parameters sent to that method are null coalesced.

@@Luke will it throw that exception if the argument is emptystring?

• Solution

@@seanbuff on a hunch that that method is throwing for an empty string, I just covered that scenario in MB Plus.  Please install 1.0.4.1 and see if the server starts normally.  Thanks.

• Like 1

seanbuff

@@seanbuff on a hunch that that method is throwing for an empty string, I just covered that scenario in MB Plus.  Please install 1.0.4.1 and see if the server starts normally.  Thanks.

@@ebr is there another way I can download that version if I can't start the server at all?

I should I manually remove it as @@Luke suggested and let it update again to 1.0.4.1?

seanbuff

Never mind, it seems to be downloading it automatically when I attempted another start of MBS.

Will update this soon...

seanbuff

Thanks guys, everything looks like it's resolved since updating to MBPlus 1.0.4.1

MBS starts normally once again.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
daedalus

ok seems to be that something is completely going wrong here

now it wont start anymore even without mbplus

i set it up from the scratch and now everything works fine again

sry for bothering

ps: worked pretty fast with the neat server configuration backup plugin :thumpsup:

Edited by daedalus