audio problem

edwin1234

edwin1234

I have problems in xbmc gotham with xbmc3c titan skin if i play a movie in xbmc i cant choose multiple audio languages it only shows 1/1 audio track in the osd.

if i open the same movie in mediabrowser3 server then i can choose 3 audio tracks, what is wrong here how to fix this?

thanks

edwin

im85288

From what I recall if you stream it will select the default audio language as set in your media browser server settings. If you play directly you can choose from different audio streams as you would when using the Kodi library.

Have you tried with a different skin? And as xnappo says its important we know if it is direct playing or streaming.

marcelveldt

I have problems in xbmc gotham with xbmc3c titan skin if i play a movie in xbmc i cant choose multiple audio languages it only shows 1/1 audio track in the osd.

if i open the same movie in mediabrowser3 server then i can choose 3 audio tracks, what is wrong here how to fix this?

thanks

edwin

If you're not using local SMB connection the files will be transcoded by the MB3 server. In that case you'll only get the default audio track that's in your MB3 settings.

How did you setup XBMC and MB3 ? Are you on a local network ? If yes, did you fill in the correct credentials to the SMB path in the XBMB3C settings ?

The XBMB3C addon will Always try to play the file directly (direct play) and if that fails, it will fallback to streaming (transcoding).

You can easily see if the file is beeing transcoded in the infoscreen.

While you play a movie, press "i" (info) on your keyboard/remote and right above the Movies title it will display Direct Play or Transcoding.

edwin1234

I pushed the info button and Yes its streaming and i dont want that ,i want direct play

Where can i change this in xbmc3c?

Sorry im a noob. (In mb3 and in xbmc i set the preferd audio to dutch) but movie plays english.

And im on a local network, the server is on the same pc

Thank for youre help

Edwin

Edited by edwin1234

Angelblue05

@@edwin1234

Since you didn't provide a log, it is a guessing game to know why it's not Direct playing. There are two important steps to make sure Direct play is enabled.

First step: Navigate to the settings of the XBMB3C add-on (Enabled Add-ons > Video Add-ons > XBMB3C). Once you've entered the configuration panel, check the Network tab. Make sure Play from Http instead of SMB is disabled and restart XBMC. If that doesn't work, check step two.

Second step: Make sure you are using UNC paths for your library folders. If you are unsure what I'm talking about, check this link, to see if your setup is correct within MediaBrowser Server: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/?p=21632

You can also check path substitution which does the same thing. I am not sure how it works exactly, because I use UNC paths myself. You'll have to do a quick research of the forums for more information about path substitution. This step is to ensure files are fully accessible (your added folder paths should look like \\computername\Movies instead of D:\Movies, this is just an example...)

Let us know how it goes.  :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 3

marcelveldt

Its working now,

Thank you verry much

Greetings

Edwin

Great to hear! Have fun with your XBMC-MediaBrowser experience!