URL Error: Unauthorized

thefranklin

thefranklin

Hi,

I have 2 errors I would like to discuss

1. I am getting this popup warning everytime I click on something.  This started happening on my FireTV and my laptop/ android cell phones all at the same time.  I have changed nothing on my MB3 server setup.  Videos still play fine.

From Kodi log file on PC.I can paste more, but it looks like my password gets splattered in the document 1000 times so I started with this.

20:28:32 T:7400  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 401 Unauthorized

The best I can find is that there is no API key under Server->Security.  XBMC does show as an active device.

I just installed Kodi beta and the newest XBMB3 from repo (0.9.713).

Anyone got any ideas?  A google didn't turn up much, and that led me to installing the latest version of the XMBC software and XBMB3 plugin.

2. Incorrect username error.  If you have your username incorrect in XBMB3, you get the error popup box and can't do anything, it keeps coming back up.

Thanks,

xnappo

What server version are you running?  Just change your password temporarily...

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

I've experienced the problem #2. It's quite frustrating. It forced me to enter my information via addon_data settings, because it would not give me a chance to fix it. :)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

That is quite a severe punishment for putting in an incorrect password :)

Yes indeed! I had this problem myself a few days ago when I configured my own living room httpc... mistyped the paswword and get stuck in all the warning dialogs.

From a user friendly perspective: maybe just check once for correct username and pause the application untill password modified ? :-)