Play all from here

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'm not exactly sure when this started happened, I'm not sure it's related to the beta repo only. I've stopped using Play All From here, since it didn't mark any episodes as watched. My brother made me aware that the option was broken. Getting the option to work properly would be awesome, this is the only option I'm missing from XBMC.  :)

XBMB3C log:

19:31:46 T:54204  NOTICE: XBMB3C 1 -> XBMB3C -> Script argument date ['plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py', 'playall', '34831272a7e56202614215ee54d11497']
19:31:46 T:54204  NOTICE: XBMB3C 0 -> Version : 13.2 - {u'major': 13, u'tag': u'stable', u'minor': 2, u'revision': u'20140817-0f3db05'}
19:31:46 T:54204  NOTICE: XBMB3C 1 -> XBMB3C -> Script params is {}
19:31:46 T:54204   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'WINDOW' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Corruption\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                MainModule.MainEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\Corruption\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 3094, in MainEntryPoint
                                                playall(startId)
                                              File "C:\Users\Corruption\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 364, in playall
                                                jsonData = downloadUtils.downloadUrl(WINDOW.getProperty("currenturl"))
                                            NameError: global name 'WINDOW' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

im85288

Can you try with 0.9.712, I did not test it as it is not a feature I use..but the error shown above should be fixed. I would advise trying to use PlayLists to achieve a similar functionality that should mark your episodes watched and provide better metadata.

xnappo

I tried to fix this quickly before leaving for work with the same fix @@im85288 made.  Try it, but I don't think it will work - I think there may be a second problem.

im85288 - I agree there is an overlap in functionality, but right now we have no way to create a playlist in XBMB3C right? 

xnappo

[EDIT] Actually I think it will work if you don't have 'Auto enter single seasons' on.

Edited by xnappo

im85288

True, but the playlists can be created using the web client...and hopefully smart playlists will come in sooner or later which could also take advantage of the playPlaylists feature we have. 

But if it works cool :)

xnappo

Well what I was getting at is we could add 'Add to playlist' and 'Add all to playlist' or something to the context menu... 

xnappo

Angelblue05

Thanks for looking into the matter. I will try the new version and let you know if this solves the issue. Also It would be nice to have a one click option to accomplish the playlist "on the spot". I don't really want to create an actual playlist simply because I used this feature randomly.

Edit: The error is resolved with the XBMB3C version 0.9.712. Let me know what you guys plan to do for the watched status vs playlist/play all from here. I will help you test it, since this feature would be a nice little addition to XBMB3C.

I almost didn't find the forums section because it was renamed to Kodi....yuk.  :P

Edited by Angelblue05

saitoh183

True, but the playlists can be created using the web client...and hopefully smart playlists will come in sooner or later which could also take advantage of the playPlaylists feature we have. 

But if it works cool :)

Well what I was getting at is we could add 'Add to playlist' and 'Add all to playlist' or something to the context menu... 

xnappo

Playlist isnt a solutions because i dont want to have to make a playlist when i need to just start a show for my kid. Pre-702( 0.9.7) i could just do play from here and he show just continued episode after episode. Having to create a playlist each time of what he is going to watch would not be practical. For my kid i dont care if the watch status doesnt register since he can sometime want to watch episode over but just having play from here work save me lots of headaches :)

xnappo

This is more of a discussion of the implementation.  Instead of having two different functions, the 'Play all from here' would create a playlist, then pass the playlist to the playlist function.  

The way it is implemented now, it is unlikely we will support the watched status.

I will fix the 'auto enter seasons' part of the bug tonight.

xnappo

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
pünktchen

xnappo

@@xnappo

Is this meanwhile supported by the addon and no skin makes use of it or what is the current status of playlist creation?

xnappo

Yeah, it is actually a lot more fun to work on than performance improvement and profile switching, but that is what we have been focused on.  Since it is a more 'fun' task, it'll probably get done before too long.

• 3 months later...
SwanStream

dragging this out of the past.... I noticed a few Emby for Kodi updates ago that my 'play from here' function is erratic. at times the (I'm using a remote with mouse functions) right mouse button brings up the 'play from here' option, at other times I just get sent back to the home screen. I've no idea if this behavior is the add-on, or some other little monster in the works. Suggestions?

Angelblue05

Do you have incorrect keymaps set up? Where the context menu is also the back button or used somewhere else? You can verify by going to appdata roaming > kodi > userdata > keymap >

Edit: if the folder is empty, it must be something else, maybe you would be able to capture it in your logs :/ I've never experienced what you are describing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05