Movies always starts over when paused

mbfan

I access MB Server 3 via my Panasonic Viera TC-P50UT50 via DLNA.  No problem accessing folders or viewing movies.  The issue is when I try to use the playback controls via the TV's remote control.  For example, when I pause and then hit play again, the movie starts from the beginning.  Funny thing is, the counter continues where the movie left off, even thugh the movie starts over.  Same thing with forward, reverse, etc.  Anybody else run into this and resolved?

• 4 months later...
bcm00re

I saw the exact same thing last night with my Panasonic TC-L58E60.  Also, when I tried to pause, FF, or REW live TV I got an message telling me that it wasn't supported.  I will say things worked much better on my Roku 3, but it would be nice if my smarts TV could do it themselves.  :(  I'll try my Panasonic TC-L47E50 (which is a model year older) tonight as well as my XBOX One.

bcm00re

I got the same results wih my older Panasonic smart TV.  When I tried the XBOX One it worked better.  I was able to pause, FF, REW movies without issue; for live TV I was only able to pause though.  I guess the Panasonic smart TVs and/or Media Browser just doesn't support REW/FF for live streaming TV -- bummer.

Happy2Play

Have you checked the logs to see if the right DLNA profile is being used?