Question about ServerWMC Ports

ab123ga
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

ab123ga

Not sure when it occurred but at least since yesterday my MB is no longer connecting to serverwmc. There was a MB update recently but unsure if this error occurred before that. I saw there was a newer version of ServerWMC so downloaded that and still no connection. When I try to get a status I get the error below:

Status: Unavailable (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx:9081)

Latest MB and Serverwmc logs

https://app.box.com/s/soevfeyipdbph1imnf2w

Spaceboy

I had to install from the website, I think it may have something to do with the new auto update, I think it needs uac disabled or higher privileges but I'm not sure how we configure this

I was getting this message only to find out that serverwmc wasn't running when I thought it was. I set the option for it to run automatically at startup, but for some reason it didn't. Once I confirmed serverwmc was running it's working for me.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3v

krustyreturns

I noticed the other day that my main media pc also didn't auto start swmc after it rebooted due to an ms update (this was the version before the version I released yesterday).  Interesting that it happened to you to.

ab123ga

The system where serverwmc starts everyday then me mb system starts. Mine was running but for some reason mine is not working.

ab123ga

Nothing is working. When I go to live TV, suggested, guide, recordings all result in "There was an error processing your request...". When I go to settings/Live TV it spins then I get the message noted in the first post. 

It looks like maybe ServerWmc is not running. See:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.155.104.112:9081

If it is running, then make sure it is not in some kind of crashed state (krusty, does server wmc have any health monitoring, e.g. basic "up" status).

If it is running, and it is running in a normal state, then MBS simply cannot reach it and there is nothing that krusty or I will be able to do to resolve it. It will be up to the administrator of your network (presumably you), to diagnose the connection failure between the two machines.

• Like 1

• Solution
krustyreturns

Also, serverwmc usually communicates over port 9080.  If you have changed the port to 9081 it needs to change in both the mbs plugin and in serverwmc.  

Swmc monitors the health of connected clients and the health of its socket listener, but that's all.  Open to suggestions though.

• Like 1

ab123ga

Thanks Krusty and Luke. I've changed nothing and all of a sudden it is working. I've always been able to look at the ServerWMC status and until a few minutes ago only saw "Waiting on client Request" at the bottom. Pulled it up and did a guide refresh and it showed client pulling data. Not sure what happened but it is working. FYI... I use 9081 since I used to use 9080 for something else. 

• 1 month later...
fromthewoods

I too just had this issue where the EPG was gone but my tuners were working and MBS said everything was AOK. The only indication of anything wrong (other than no EPG) was the message about the guide failing to refresh.

Refresh Guide failed.

2 days ago

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [fe80::7ce7:aed8:c751:ebc2%4]:9080

I tried reinstalling ServerWMC and fiddling with the Firewall but nothing worked.  I loaded Media Center on my ServerWMC box and scheduled a future recording. (One thing about my setup, I'm running ServerWMC on a different computer than where MBS is installed) Then I forced a guide refresh and voila, it downloaded the guide. . Hope this helps someone.

• 2 months later...
Tomroberts97

Need some help, I m getting the Unavailable (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9080) error  WMC is running, WMC is workigng fine,  any suggestions? 

krustyreturns

Wmc doesn't need to be running.  You need serverwmc installed and running on the pc that has a configured installation of wmc.