Samsung Playback Error

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I've been using and enjoying the hell out of this app. It's changed my entire approach to my home theatre set-up. Last night though, I came across a new (for me) error. While trying to play X-Men: Days of Future Past, I wound up getting the on-screen error box when after selecting "Play" in the title. I get the same error if I try to start from one of the chapter.

undefined

Rendor Error Type: 0

I have tried playing the movie in the browser, and through MBT and it plays in both of those environments, so it would seem to be something specific to the Samsung application.

TolkienBard

Which details in particular are we looking for here?

No transcoding log or any sort of entry in the logs show up when I try to play the video in the app. If I log into the web browser and play it there, I find that for some reason the movie is transcoding, but it plays.

I get the following in the little interface screen while the movie plays:

video: libvpx

audio: libvpx

When I play the movie from MBT, I get the indicator that it is "Direct Playing", but it s also showing a transcode:

video: libx264

audio: libx264

I'm not sure where else I should be looking, or what specifically to be looking for.

The movie is saved to the HDD as a mkv file.

chessdragon136

Basically in the web interface when you navigate to a movie there is usually a codec information tab (actually don't have it installed atm as testing windows 10..) - a screenshot of that would be great

chessdragon136

I can guess at the error but I'm not 100% sure - can you provide a 30 second sample of the file which i can use for testing please?

• 2 weeks later...
muppets4

I get this error when selecting a subtitle when the movie plays. Maybe it is subtitle related?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chessdragon136

@@muppets4 - Shouldn't be subtitle related - subtitles are hit and miss at the moment - currently enabling subtitles causes the video to be transcoded and that's the issues im having.

@@TolkienBard - Firstly, I've noticed you have provided great support for a while for my app - thank you. As for this issue I cannot replicate currently.. Always a frustration!

TolkienBard

@@TolkienBard - Firstly, I've noticed you have provided great support for a while for my app - thank you. As for this issue I cannot replicate currently.. Always a frustration!

Bugger. Well then, I'll stick with watching it on my PC or using the disc to watch it on the plasma for now. The movie came from my brother who didn't want to wait for the extended cut. I'll be picking up the extended cut when it comes out and replacing the theatrical one with it. As long as I can get that version to play, it won't be an issue anymore.

chessdragon136

Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up - Just not seeing the issue in my debug log which is unusual (and a sign I've missed something in my logging)

TolkienBard

Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up - Just not seeing the issue in my debug log which is unusual (and a sign I've missed something in my logging)

Oh, I didn't think you were giving up. I simply understand that you also have other responsibilities to be seeing to beyond fixing this one (seemingly isolated) error. I have confidence that the bug will eventually be ferreted out. Until then, I have other viable solutions.